Hybrid View

George,
    I know nothing about PS. for me, I can adjust the colour tone of any materials within artlantis itself.. Darker or lighter tone Red, purple, green and so on...Most important is the TIME factor.. some time i need to do 5 or 6 rendering in a day... i just can't affort to spend 20-30 hrs in one rendering...

I have done one raytracing with the same model in chief. it takes me 25 hrs++ to have it done.

Alan, - I am attaching a detail comparing the Chief render by Adam - using the image he posted in this thread and the Artlantis image posted in this thread by you. Both details from the two images were adjusted with the same control in Photoshop with the upper tone levels adjusted. I believe this illustrates the amount of image detail available even in a 100 kb version in both images side by side.

Keep in mind that Adam's render which took a long time resulted in a large file, namely, a 42.6 mb bitmap image. That is a lot of pixels generated by the Chief/PovRay render, namely 2700 x 1800 pixels. I would be interested to know what size of image in terms of pixels that the Artlantis renderer produced in one hour.

I think the attached image tells a lot. Speed is not the only factor. But one can agree that the balance of quality and speed required for one's business is important and relevant. I would like to see the Chief/PovRay renderer improved in terms of controls and speed because I think the PovRay renderer is one of the best in the business.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chief-PovRay-&-Artlantis-comparison.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	6410  
    ggodwin