Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there anyone from OKC/Tulsa area?

Just wondering if anyone else is from this area?
    Angela
    vX2 (latest and greatest)

I am moving to Tulsa late summer of 2006

Angela,

How is work in Tulsa? I am looking into moving there in about 6 weeks.

Thanks,
    LaVor

Depends. What's your background? Do you have any commercial experience? I am looking for CAD people.
    Angela

If I move out there I will be working for a large corp doing IT work.

Presently I am doing residential design full time here in northern Alabama. If I decide to take the job I would continue to do residential design in the evenings.

I was in Tulsa last week interviewing and looking the place over. It looks like a beautiful city. I was impressed.

I am mostly interested in finding a "users group" and trading war stories, tips, tricks and maybe even a little knowledge.

well, we are here. Let me know if it pans out. I would be very interested in a users group here.
    Angela

Did tabascobob make it to Tulsa?

Yes. He is helping me out also.
    Angela

Sek

I have not looked at the message boards in a long time.
    I am located in Southeast Kansas, so it's not far from Tulsa. I teach Chief to High School students. Let me know if you get a user group together. I have tried unsuccessfully to do so up here, but not many users in the immediate area, I guess.

Jon
    JJ

Jon,

Unfortunately, I am running into the same problem down here. Not too many people know how to use Chief. I was hoping to start a users group, but I think at the present time, it wouldn't be prudent.
    Angela

Angela,

Are you still out there?

I am in Tulsa now. Do you have an office? I would like to stop by and chat for a few minutes.

Any user group here yet? I would like to start on sometime in the future.

Regards,

Tulsa Area

I live & work in Sapulpa, OK. I have been a Chief User for 10 years, but use Autocad Architecture 2008 to finish drawings.

I am so sorry Lavor for not seeing your reply earlier than this.

I would love to start a users group, but there are not that many of us here .

I work out of my home using both Chief and AutoCAD, but i would love to sharpen the skills of Chief if you all are interested.

Angela
    Angela

I am looking to start a new 3d rendering and animation business here in ok. I wanted to start out with CA I notice you said “I have been a Chief User for 10 years, but use Autocad Architecture 2008 to finish”… I want to start with CA and then keep buying more software as the business grows or as I can afford it. Would you or anyone have any suggesting on the import/export ability of CA into other software like AutoCad Arch, Viz, AccuRender, Vue, and any other rendering or animation software? I want to be able to produce photo quality renderings and walk thoughts fast and affordable… any info would be appreciated.

Exporting to AutoCAD has been seamless for us. I do architecture and my husband does structural. I do all of the plans in CA and then export to him so he can do the structural in ACAD.

As for rendering programs, CA is good, but I have seen a few programs out there that are really awesome. CA is a great place to start relatively inexpensively. Are you in the Tulsa or OKC area?
    Angela