Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

CA & Chieftalk Unaccessible

I to have not been able to access CA or Chieftalk until I got hold of a computer whiz who had to go to some site to retrieve the IP codes for each site as noted above and this is the only way I was able to get here. Since this has been a problem with many CA users, I hope that Matt or the Web Host can get this resolved.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

We have checked this out numerous times. The only thing we can think of is that there are some DNS servers that cached old info or are not updating from the top level.

Go to www.dnsreports.com and type in our url's. You will find that this site reports they are good. We honestly have had only a couple of calls in support on this problem so we have to conclude that it is somewhat isolated. I personally worked with a user today who could not get on and he had local DNS servers that were not accessible from the internet.

There is no evidence the problem is on our end. DNS problems can propagate from host to host if they are not using the proper setup so it is possible that the problems we had several weeks ago are still being seen by these servers.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

I am the user that was having problems again for the past several days as well as a couple of weeks ago. Our Systems group had a conversation with Dan and found that their NS2 server was not responding to any request from our machines. Evidently Chief had been hit with a spamer and they blocked a response to that requestor. Somehow, we were blocked also. It's fixed again

I suggest talking with Dan via a phone call to Chief 800 482-4433 if you continue to have a problem.
    Mike

Everything working fine now in my little corner of the world.