Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I see a couple options... first is to place the peninsula cabinets, (there are three in your example), select them and open their dialog box. Select the "Front" tab and select the "Doors on Back" selection box. For the cabinet that backs up to the right side of the kitchen sink, ensure its back touches the side of the other cabinet. In the layers dialog, turn off the display of "Cabinets, Module Lines". This will remove all "extra" lines and give you doors on both sides of the peninsula cabinets. If you want the little arrows showing the location of the doors you will need to draw thes in with cad lines. Using this option your material list will be correct.

Another option is to place the peninsula cabinets so they face away from the kitchen, (you will have 4 of these as defined in your example). For the cabinet that backs up to the sink cabinet, ensure its back touches the sink cabinet. The three cabinets that for the peninsula make their depth 1" less than the depth of the first cabinet. Now place a cabinet on the inside of the kitchet and change its depth to 1". Now, back that 1" cabinet up to the back of the peninsula cabinet then copy it two times and back the copies up to the other two peninsula cabinets. With the "Cabinets, Module Lines" layer active the cabinets will display with the front arrow and the little "+"s will display but the heavy line should be gone. With this option you will need to manipulate the material list as described in an earlier post.

Thanks LaVor - good images and instructions.

John S.

Quote Originally Posted by ambrozac
    If you do use the Materials List, you should be able to open the dummy cabinet's components dbx and uncheck all the items. That way it won't show in the Materials List.
    Good hint Cliff for those who need it. Thanks.

Paul

And thanks LaVor for all those extra options! I appreciate your help.
    There seems to be more ways of getting rid of this line than I ever dreamed of.

Regards

Paul

You're very welcome Paul.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

My pleasure.

Have a good day, all!

Lavor

Just tried your first option.....works well and is the fastest. The only problem I can see at present is the 'Side' option for the splashback doesn't seem to work in this situation because (I think) the cabinet is not backed up against a wall. Is this normal? If so, does it need to be changed? Is it a throw a polyline solid/soffit up against the wall kind of deal?

Your second option may be useful for more specialized situations where the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Thanks again.

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Peninsula Test.gif 
Views:	173 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	4751  

Paul. turn your cabinet around,, it's facing the wrong way.
    Len Martin BDAV
    RBP DP-AD1885
    Melbourne
    Australia

V4 through to X6 16.1.1.9X64
    "A putt left short will never go in the hole"

Quote Originally Posted by m3design
    Paul. turn your cabinet around,, it's facing the wrong way.
    Hi Len

I must be having one of those days!
    I turned the cabinet 180 degrees....didn't help. Had to put a door on the back but still no splashback.
    Turned it 90 degrees, back to wall. Splashback appears of course.....but is there an option for 'doors on side' because the side is blank.
    And if this cabinet wasn't square, I couldn't rotate it anyway......and still fit in the hole.

Can you show us a picture of what you mean exactly?

Paul

Do you really build the kitchen cabinets this way, with an empty, unused space, or do you have some sort of corner cabinetry?

You may already know this, but if you click on "base cabinet" and then click almost exactly in a corner, you'll get a corner shaped cabinet, which is great for a corner. To get that same corner cabinet in a "U" shaped kitchen, click in a corner to create a corner cabinet and then rotate it/move it to the second corner of your cabinets, connecting to the peninsula.

Let me know if this is what you are needing.
    Mike

Paul,

Yes, I would use a polyline solid to complete the backsplash.

LaVor

Quote Originally Posted by MikePreble1
    Do you really build the kitchen cabinets this way, with an empty, unused space, or do you have some sort of corner cabinetry?

You may already know this, but if you click on "base cabinet" and then click almost exactly in a corner, you'll get a corner shaped cabinet, which is great for a corner. To get that same corner cabinet in a "U" shaped kitchen, click in a corner to create a corner cabinet and then rotate it/move it to the second corner of your cabinets, connecting to the peninsula.

Let me know if this is what you are needing.
    Mike
    Mike

Thanks for the extra option......this might be getting close to what I was after in the first place.......eradication of the extra line. Yes, I really do draw cabinets this way....sometimes. Depends on the level of detail I'm after. No, I didn't think of using a corner cabinet because I thought they were only suitable for the corner of a room.
    Your suggestion still shows an extra line......unless I've overlooked something which wouldn't surprise me. But at least it's a shorter line!

Paul

P.S. I used cabinets with doors on the back for the peninsular....probably what I should have used in the first place.

Name:	U-Shaped Kitchen using Corner Cabinet.gif 
Views:	148 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	4815  

......and another thing. The door doesn't show up when using a corner cabinet. So, we are getting tantilizingly close...or are we?
    Can this be done with real 3D cabinets of some description without the line showing up in plan view.....the original question.
    This is a very standard type of kitchen layout where I come from.

Paul

Name:	Corner Cabinet in U-Shaped Kitchen.gif 
Views:	148 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	4816  

Is this the look your going for?

Name:	cabinet.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	4817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cabinet2.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	4818  

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Quote Originally Posted by Allen42acj
    Is this the look your going for?
    Yes please Allen! But has it got the CAD line in plan view? If not, how did you do that?

Paul