Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Paul
    I used a thin cabinet at the ends..It has to be pulled up in cross section view.And use a custom counter top..
    Don't remember about the cad lines..
    Think you could adjust them by making the cabinet group a symbol and making the cad line view that you want to go with it..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hilbig
    Surely there are some kitchen design experts out there that can help me out........or maybe it is not possible to do this in Chief?
    Sorry I've been silent on this. Paul, most kitchen designers would not use a blind cabinet in a corner of a kitchen this size. It's a huge waste of space; for a relative pittance you could provide your client with a corner cabinet with lazy susan, adding an easily accessible storage area.

Also, regardless of whether you intend to apply end panels (or doors), you'd be well off with toe kicks all around.

Lines in CA will be shown any time contiguous cabinets are broken. Jay hit the nail on the head with his description.

Quite a few of my projects consist of tearing out architect- and builder-designed kitchens, and replacing with more client-friendly ones. I don't mean this as a slam, as I am a former owner of a design/build company and a recovering general contractor. If you design many kitchens, as I did as a GC, it may behoove you to get some kitchen design training from the NKBA.

Hope this helps a little,

Adam Gibson, CKD
    Last edited by alobartn; 03-07-2006 at 06:15 AM.

try this

try this:
    go to show items
    click on cabinet module lines
    set the color to white

you will find that the only module lines that are showing is side to side
    the arrows are gone. poof!

your welcome, no charge..

ps. would you please put a lazy susan in that corner? I mean c'mon man!
    (no offense intended)

michael
    (CA since version 2)

Quote Originally Posted by alobartn
    Sorry I've been silent on this. Paul, most kitchen designers would not use a blind cabinet in a corner of a kitchen this size. It's a huge waste of space; for a relative pittance you could provide your client with a corner cabinet with lazy susan, adding an easily accessible storage area.

Also, regardless of whether you intend to apply end panels (or doors), you'd be well off with toe kicks all around.

Lines in CA will be shown any time contiguous cabinets are broken. Jay hit the nail on the head with his description.

Quite a few of my projects consist of tearing out architect- and builder-designed kitchens, and replacing with more client-friendly ones. I don't mean this as a slam, as I am a former owner of a design/build company and a recovering general contractor. If you design many kitchens, as I did as a GC, it may behoove you to get some kitchen design training from the NKBA.

Hope this helps a little,

Adam Gibson, CKD
    Adam

Thanks for your comments. It's amazing how a little question can grow into something a little larger!
    I'm not designing kitchens.....some here may think to themselves thank goodness for that! (or who cares?).
    Yes, I've known about lazy susans for over 30 years....they're all right (OK). We have a 'standard' Chief type corner cabinet in our own home (with piano hinges) and it works just fine....you can actually fit a bit more in it than a lazy susan if you think about it.....but you have to bend zee knees.
    Toe kicks...I personally wouldn't have it any other way personally.

The picture below show my latest variation on this theme. I actually did try using a Chief corner unit.....derrrrr.
    It got rid of the line, which was my original query, and it MIGHT be a realistic representation....but I'm not holding my breath. Cabinet making would vary from place to place and cabinet maker to cabinet maker....I guess.

Now something else has 'popped' up. Another issue. The side splashback is there if you raise the cabinet off the floor (easy to miss as I think most people prefer them on the floor!). But...on the floor where it belongs, the side splashback disappears. Remarkable.

Regards Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side Backsplash Appears.gif 
Views:	113 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	4856   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side Backsplash Disappears.gif 
Views:	114 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	4857  

Quote Originally Posted by offshore54
    try this:
    go to show items
    click on cabinet module lines
    set the color to white

you will find that the only module lines that are showing is side to side
    the arrows are gone. poof!

your welcome, no charge..

ps. would you please put a lazy susan in that corner? I mean c'mon man!
    (no offense intended)

michael
    (CA since version 2)
    Michael

It is NOT the cabinet module lines I have been referring to. I repeat, I rarely use them myself. They are in the pictures for clarity. The line I've been referring to is definitely not a module line.
    Lazy susans...see above.
    No charge.....I appreciate that!

Paul

H'mmm. I've had the same problems with side splashes. I think the program just doesn't get them. Typically I've had to make my own in cases like this.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Quote Originally Posted by MikePreble1
    Do you really build the kitchen cabinets this way, with an empty, unused space, or do you have some sort of corner cabinetry?

You may already know this, but if you click on "base cabinet" and then click almost exactly in a corner, you'll get a corner shaped cabinet, which is great for a corner. To get that same corner cabinet in a "U" shaped kitchen, click in a corner to create a corner cabinet and then rotate it/move it to the second corner of your cabinets, connecting to the peninsula.

Let me know if this is what you are needing.
    Mike
    Mike

And another few things...with respect.
    See page 474 of the v10 manual if need be, it talks about fillers. Chief thinks it's OK to leave the corner empty....and I think it's OK too if you want to speed things up a little bit. Full blown kitchen designs and details...well that's another thing altogether.
    And you don't have to place a cabinet in a corner to get a corner cabinet, you can simply select that option in the cabinet dbx as an alternative. You may have known that, but others may not.
    I am still going to aim for drawing things up perfectly if there is enough time, but that's just me.

Regards Paul

Quote Originally Posted by alobartn
    H'mmm. I've had the same problems with side splashes. I think the program just doesn't get them. Typically I've had to make my own in cases like this.
    Does anyone think this is a bug? I suspect it is.

Paul