Rendering Shadows

Why is it that some of my projects display shadows when I perform a final view rendering and then again, some don't? What's the problem here? I am using v10.07a.
    Melpert D. Dean
    #44 Coral Vista
    P.O.Box SP-60816
    Nassau, Bahamas
    CA V10.08a
    CA V X1

It's the lights you have in the scene that are set to display or not display shadows, and whether that's in rendering or raytracing or both. In rendering I thought it normally does not show shadows unless you right click and select "Show Shadows". Check the properties of any lights you have on and see what's set. Some library light symbols you put in a scene might be set to shadow and others might not be, so that might make the difference, too.

Christina

Thank you cgirerd that suggestion worked and now I have shadows on my renderings. Thanks again, and by the way I took the opportunity to view your website and it was off the chain, you do really good work and I hope that one day I will be able to produce work like that and post them on the web. You inspired me to work harder and learn all I can learn about CA and be the best I can be. Thanks.
    Melpert D. Dean
    #44 Coral Vista
    P.O.Box SP-60816
    Nassau, Bahamas
    CA V10.08a
    CA V X1