another quick question for ya'll

Good morning.. I seem to be stuck ( again ) on just a seemingly minor item...
    the plans I am doing have framed 'popouts' 14" x 24" at each side of the garage door opening.. the problem arises when I try to stub out the wall frame 6" past the poputs to provide the correct opening size for the garage door..( in this case its a 16'0")
    I had drawn the walls first and then used the 'breakwall' to get the opening the right size.. then, when drawing in those little popouts the frame pulls back even with the popouts.. giving me a 17' opening..
    soo... before this 'quick question' becomes a novel.. is there a way to have very short sections of wall 4" or 6" to resolve this??
    thanks in advance.. all your assistance has been great and I appreciate it very much..

Randy

Edit>Default Settings>Walls>Wall>----Unconnected Wall Min Length, set to a lower number.

If I am reading your question correctly. If not, post a picture and we'll try again.
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

BIG INDY - I have been wondering the same thing. Is this method you described for version 10? When I try this in version 9.5 all I get is the wall default box. Is there a way to do this in 9.5?

Thanks,

Thomas
    TMW Design
    www.tmwdesign.com

Thanks very much Big Indy.. it worked like a charm.. who wouldda thunk it??

Aagain thanks.. ( B.T.W.--I m running v 10.7..) I would hope this will also work in 9.5 as was asked..I ve only ran V.10..

take care..

Randy