Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chieftalk running slow?

Is this forum still running slow for anyone else but me? I have no problems with other websites. I'm also using a highspeed connection.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Maybe it's only a coincidence but, for me it seems much slower when I'm logged in then when I'm not.
    - Lane

Nope, it seems to be running pretty quickly over here.

John S.

Angry

Complete change of opinion! The darned thing won't even load on IE right now, so I'm looking at it through Mozilla. I don't have anything against either browser, but I have been a creature of habit with IE for a little too long!

John S.

It either runs normal or not at all.I read this last night and it stopped working.. Almost funny:mad:

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Not only has it been slow for me, but I am having problems attaching files and even getting on Chief's website.
    Greg T.
    Framer and most of all PROUD AMERICAN!

The programers have definitely taken a step backwards in the new format. I not using this as much right now because of the time it takes to even get here. I hope Chief is listening to what we're saying because they're definitely not responding to us. Something wrong is going on!!
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Slow? More like DOA

Prior to the "upgrade" of ChiefTalk, I read the groups every day and often searched back postings for tips and tricks when I got stuck doing something new. Since the upgrade I've found the site harder to use, less functional (no search, attachment issues, etc.), and either very slow or dead most of the time. Yesterday I got in a crunch on some roof and bay issues for a customer meeting this morning. The site was down most of the afternoon and evening. The one time I got on it was slow and crashed before I could even post a question. I brute-forced my way through my issues but I know I wasted time and money that decent access to this site would have saved.

I don't see anything in the Notices section about these performance issues. Does this mean that the current condition is the new norm as far as ART is concerned? I hope that CA hasn't fallen prey to some bean-counter's argument that ChiefTalk is a frill that can be cut back. I suppose I can make a pest of myself by calling tech support with all my issues - that would quickly eat any savings the BC was projecting from CT.
    J. Michael Milner
    Harmony Development
    CA 9.54 & 10.08a

The post reply is sticking again...CT was down for me last night to...

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859

Drafter for:

Chief Architect X4

Back to the past

Chieftalk is not running slow for me, but I'm not happy with its poor functionality, none of the fixes they do seem to help much. I use Chief as a repository of Knowledge, where either I can go back to a technique when needed, or to pass the link to another user, and now half the links have been lost[SIZE=6][/SIZE]. I think some users could be turned off the product as a whole, so this should be important to the Big Chiefs. please can we have our old forum back.
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

It's not running slow,just when I post it freezes up.I have to go to new post to make sure it worked..You might see copies of other post from this..
    I think this forum is the best part of the software package..I have software I never use because I don't know how.Just instructions don't always help...

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859

Drafter for:

Chief Architect X4

Worked ok that time...lol

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859

Drafter for:

Chief Architect X4

Over the last 24 hrs we migrated our servers to a new high speed high bandwidth facility. This change will result in more consistent access as we now have a much larger pipe to the internet. Changing locations is a tricky process and it may take as much as a couple of days for the DNS servers to sort out the new location. You should see improved speed as this change settles out.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Thank you Dan.
    Nice to know what's going on..and to know it's not my pc...

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859

Drafter for:

Chief Architect X4

Thanks, Dan. It would be helpful to give some notice. Last night when I clicked the Chieftalk link I got a message that the system would be down for a couple hours on January 17, 2006. I assumed something was up even though the date was wrong. A simple announcement prior to beginning implementation would save a lot of trouble.