Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Louis,

Maybe similar to the plan I sent to you. Where on my computer, I couldn't shift/select multiple walls and change their wall type correctly. It worked on yours, but not mine. I ended up creating a new template plan, imported the same wall types, layer sets, and now works fine.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

This may be a bug in ver 10.

Sometimes when I click on a library object my cursor turns into a toilet but so far it has always placed the object I wanted.

sometimes I have the normal cursor ?

I thought it was strange to have a toilet for the cursor but just assumed it was the default for the library and didn't give it too much thought since I always got the right object.

Next time it happens I'll pay attention to the situation.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Lew,

The only problem with that idea is that this is 9.5.

Ok, I missed that.

But I still get toilet's shapes for my library cursor in ver 10 ?

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    Well the door has the toilet as the 3D file associated with it. These are blocked doorways that Greg did not make himself. If you take this same doorway and put it in a new file it works right on Greg's machine. What I don't understand is that on Greg's computer when the same doorway is put in a new plan it seems to work fine. On my machine I can see the wrong file association even in a new plan. Wrap your brain around this one.

do you have the .alb file or are you only copy/pasting from a plan file?...is greg placing the symbol from a library into the new plan?

louis,
    once a symbol is placed in a plan it loses its association to the library one and it is stored with the plan...so if you are only in possession of the plan, copy/paste will only copy/paste what is there...ie the toilet doorway...you would need to then change the doorway symbol's dwg file within the plan

gregg,

send me the plan and the .alb file with the doorway in it and I will take a look at your problem

click to send to Tim O'Donnell

Quote Originally Posted by Tim O'Donnell
    do you have the .alb file or are you only copy/pasting from a plan file?...is greg placing the symbol from a library into the new plan?

louis,
    once a symbol is placed in a plan it loses its association to the library one and it is stored with the plan...so if you are only in possession of the plan, copy/paste will only copy/paste what is there...ie the toilet doorway...you would need to then change the doorway symbol's dwg file within the plan

gregg,

send me the plan and the .alb file with the doorway in it and I will take a look at your problem

click to send to Tim O'Donnell

I have done that and sent Greg the plan with it fixed. I think Greg may have created this problem when he unblocked some of the units and then put them back together in a different configuration but I'm not sure why it would added a toilet to the mix.

Right after he asked the question I showed him how to get around this problem so he could move on. He is finished with the plan. I also showed him a fixed library item. What I don't get is why it seems to act one way on Greg's machine and another on mine. ...and we're not quite sure how it did this.

The only way I know of to do this is to swap the 3D dwg for the door and Greg says he did not do that.

Tim the problem is exactly what you thougt it was. We just don't know how it got there.
    Last edited by louis; 01-28-2006 at 07:59 AM.

The only way I know of to do this is to swap the 3D dwg for the door and Greg says he did not do that.
    me thinks somebody did...how many are in his office

is it april yet
    heh greg april fools
    ( im not resposible ,by the way,for your problem)
    but it now looks like its someone in your office, since the "masters" have looked at it