Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    you will need the 3d dwg for the door then do this
    Attachment 4300
    Last edited by Tim O'Donnell; 02-02-2008 at 06:19 AM.

I am in version 9.54, not sure if that makes a difference. But I am guessing I should be right clicking on the door in the library then clicking open symbol? If that is the case then I have another problem because the "open symbol" text is greyed out and not clickable....

Would a reinstall of the doors library be a solution?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mlluxarch
    Would a reinstall of the doors library be a solution?
    Probably would be if I had a backup of it.

It works the same way in 9.

I can't find a way to get to the symbol specification box. I've never created or editted custom symbols so maybe I just don't know what I am doing.

Are you having Tim fix it or do you want me to take a look for free? If your interested call me.
    Last edited by louis; 01-26-2006 at 07:16 AM.

Louis,

Tim has been helping on here, no other contact. I might give ya a call in a few minutes, need to finish up a few other things first. Thanks!!

Thanks for spending the time on the phone with me Louis. It appears that this house is going to be a very "open" house. Actually we found a work around, and it only does that with these doors in this one plan and not others, so its quite odd.

Tim,

this topic is of interest, as I swaw that in your answer you came to a dialog box that shows resizing, which is a question I have about items.resizing library items, such as showers, as the some of the shower sizes shown do not meet code around here, so I wanted to resize them

as your answer shows opening the library browser, fiding the door, right clickig on the door and a dialog box comes up showing resizing and everything

when I right click, I get different options, and not the boxes you get. I even tried it with doors
    so I must be missing a step

running 10.7 full

Josh,

A very easy thing to do. Resize the shower in plan view and save it to your library with a new name.

Josh,

Tim's options are coming from an unlocked Library. You aren't able to change anything in a locked Library, if that's where you're looking, so not all the options are available. You can copy/paste from Locked into an Unlocked, and edit in the new one. Louis's method of resizing is best for what you're wanting to do.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

how true

I saw what Tim was doing and thought, great as I am tired of having to resize each time, and I have not taken the time to create more new libraries. Thas my lazy fault.
    The other problem I ran into, was after recntly upgrading to 10.7 I have been spending many nights converting old protfolio files to v10, and some of the old symbols, and walls do not act the same or respond or worse yet, like yesterday, Ill make a change, and Ill get a corruption notice, and it will crash

thanks for the answers

Greg,

Please send the files to Tim, Louis or Me and certainly Tech Support. It would be a fun problem to solve and everyone loves to be a "Hero". This thread put a smile on my face whatever then happens as a solution. You came up with a butte!

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Well the door has the toilet as the 3D file associated with it. These are blocked doorways that Greg did not make himself. If you take this same doorway and put it in a new file it works right on Greg's machine. What I don't understand is that on Greg's computer when the same doorway is put in a new plan it seems to work fine. On my machine I can see the wrong file association even in a new plan. Wrap your brain around this one.
    Last edited by louis; 01-27-2006 at 08:38 AM.