Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Hold shift & print screen, that will put a screen shot on the clip board.
    Open paint, go to edit, paste.
    Gary Doski
    3 D Homes Design Services LLC
    Certified Chief Architect X5 Trainer.
    Ver. X5, thru X1
    I train you on your jobs!
    Learn & get your work done at the same time!

Building Official- CT
    203-270-0646 fax 203-304-2101
    garydoski531@gmail.com
    www.3dhomesdesign.com

Windows 7 Ultimate-64bit
    i7 975 3.3 GHz 8 cores
    Corsairs 12Gb Ram
    Radeon ATI 9870x2 Crossfire 2Gb
    Ultra 1600 watt PS

Curt, - Try Gadwin Printscreen Freeware 3.1
    http://www.gadwin.com/download/ I have been using it and it works quite well.
    ggodwin

You can use Chief's image export feature, save as a .JPG and then post it here. May need to edit/resize in photo software like PSP or Photoshop.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

After you hit paste in paint and have the screen image on your paint window, you can crop it if you wish.
    Then save as and currently select gif or something else other than jpeg if you want to post it here.
    If you save it as a jpeg then post it on a site like photobucket and then highlight the image tag and paste the image tag into the body of your message and it should display here.....

HTH
    Jim Rogers
    Jim Rogers Timber Designs
    Georgetown, MA, USA
    email: jrsawmill@verizon.net
    V9.54-V10.08a-VX1.5.4.17-VX2-VX3-VX4-VX5

Just link is posting

I was getting frustrated:mad: Sometimes a picture would post,sometimes just the link. Figured out what I was doing wrong,have to use the "insert image tool"to paste in.Not just paste it in the post..
    Might have been said already,just to lazy to look back..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Screen Capture

Gary, George, Lew, Jim:

Thanks for the information everyone - I know I have seen posts on this before but since everyone has been saying the search feature is down I didn't even try to do one. George - I will try the Gadwin freeware when I get the time and see how it works.

One thing I noticed about bringing a picture in from Paint is that some of the colors get changed. I don't know if that is a video card issue or what - I don't know that I have ever looked for a newer driver for it. The video is NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64. My desktop is getting old - 2001 ABS Computers with a 750 mhz AMD Athlon and 640 mb ram. The operating system is ME and I am not pleased with it at all although it does function.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

i use mwsnap it is freeware, and is very good...it can be set to autosave you screen captures as a bmp, jpg, gif, png or tiff...I use it to do captures for the animated gifs i post

http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

Curt - Try Tim's suggestion of 'mwsnap' for a screen capture tool. It looks to be a better designed utility with more features than Gadwin Printscreen, although I found Gadwin Printscreen to be good for a freeware utility. Thanks Tim, for suggesting 'mwsnap'.
    ggodwin

Thanks Tim, George - I will try that one.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Tim/George,

I know the price is hard to beat, but is it substantially "more-better" than just using "Print Screen" on the keyboard, and pasting into a picture editing program?
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Allen
    I use Screen Shot Deluxe 4 ,came free with other software.It gives you more choices of what to capture=the hole screen,just the window your using.If you have split screen you can get both..If you have any from BorderBund,look in extras..(Printshop)
    I got a capture of a rendering of my house in CA with everything on the screen to add to the screen on the monitor in the rendering..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Allen Brown,

The big advantage of mwsnap to me, is that you can capture any portion of the screen and save as a gif instead of jpg, if you want. You don't have to go to a paint program and can post directly here.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Tim/George,

I know the price is hard to beat, but is it substantially "more-better" than just using "Print Screen" on the keyboard, and pasting into a picture editing program?
    you do not even need a paint program if you set up and use MWSnap correctly...you can use a multitude of capture options and image types for captures...

if you right click on images>properties i have posted here, often you will find them using the auto naming convention I have set up when using mwsnap...(MWSnap[yy-mm-dd, hh_nn_ss].[ext])
    Last edited by Tim O'Donnell; 01-30-2006 at 07:25 AM.

To Allen Brown, - Cliff gave some of the main reasons. These capture programs are more versatile. For example, you can save several captures in a row and the software will save them in a numbered sequence or include the date in the saved name and you can send them to any folder you choose. You can then deal with the captures in a paint program at a later time. On some websites for example, that utilize mainly flash-file-format images, I use screenshots to save portions of the screens and may do several captures in a short period of time that I will work on later.
    ggodwin

OK, you guys sold me. It is definitely inconvinient to only put one screenshot on the clipboard at a time.

Thanks for the info.

AB
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com