Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Hybrid View

i use mwsnap it is freeware, and is very good...it can be set to autosave you screen captures as a bmp, jpg, gif, png or tiff...I use it to do captures for the animated gifs i post

http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

Curt - Try Tim's suggestion of 'mwsnap' for a screen capture tool. It looks to be a better designed utility with more features than Gadwin Printscreen, although I found Gadwin Printscreen to be good for a freeware utility. Thanks Tim, for suggesting 'mwsnap'.
    ggodwin

Thanks Tim, George - I will try that one.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Tim/George,

I know the price is hard to beat, but is it substantially "more-better" than just using "Print Screen" on the keyboard, and pasting into a picture editing program?
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Allen
    I use Screen Shot Deluxe 4 ,came free with other software.It gives you more choices of what to capture=the hole screen,just the window your using.If you have split screen you can get both..If you have any from BorderBund,look in extras..(Printshop)
    I got a capture of a rendering of my house in CA with everything on the screen to add to the screen on the monitor in the rendering..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Allen Brown,

The big advantage of mwsnap to me, is that you can capture any portion of the screen and save as a gif instead of jpg, if you want. You don't have to go to a paint program and can post directly here.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Tim/George,

I know the price is hard to beat, but is it substantially "more-better" than just using "Print Screen" on the keyboard, and pasting into a picture editing program?
    you do not even need a paint program if you set up and use MWSnap correctly...you can use a multitude of capture options and image types for captures...

if you right click on images>properties i have posted here, often you will find them using the auto naming convention I have set up when using mwsnap...(MWSnap[yy-mm-dd, hh_nn_ss].[ext])
    Last edited by Tim O'Donnell; 01-30-2006 at 07:25 AM.

To Allen Brown, - Cliff gave some of the main reasons. These capture programs are more versatile. For example, you can save several captures in a row and the software will save them in a numbered sequence or include the date in the saved name and you can send them to any folder you choose. You can then deal with the captures in a paint program at a later time. On some websites for example, that utilize mainly flash-file-format images, I use screenshots to save portions of the screens and may do several captures in a short period of time that I will work on later.
    ggodwin

OK, you guys sold me. It is definitely inconvinient to only put one screenshot on the clipboard at a time.

Thanks for the info.

AB
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

www.IndyBlueprints.com

www.UBuildItIndy.com

OK John, can you detail your exact steps?
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints

www.IndyBlueprints.com

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Ditto that!
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Conclusion

Ok, after doing some testing it looks like the maximum width and height on a .jpg image is set to 100x100. I have not tested the other formats so I am not sure if it is just on the .jpg files or if this is on others as well.

This may be a bug in the system or it may be that Chief has it set to this...at any rate hopefully CA is monitoring this forum and can get this fixed soon.
    John Longstreet
    Director of IT/Drafting
    Cagnor Homes, Inc.
    john.longstreet@cagnorhomes.com

Chief 10 ver 10.08a
    Chief X1 ver 11.3.1.7

Maybe the size setting for jpegs is erroneously set for 100 pixels in size instead of 100kb.
    ggodwin

Has anyone from Chief chimed in on any threads regarding the bugs in the V Bulletin? There have been many questions and comments since its reintroduction, and I have not yet noticed a forthcoming explanation from the company. Am I missing it? Or has there been some talk that I'm not aware of?
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Adam, I think they are as clueless as we are, and are hoping we will figure it out for them. Dermot Dempsey would be a very likely person to respond to this issue, and even though the search function is almost useless, you can search by user, and he has not:

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/chieft...?searchid=1712
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints

www.IndyBlueprints.com

www.UBuildItIndy.com