Thread: French Doors

French Doors

I need to insert some French doors where only one side of the door is operational. I have found how to insert a double door that opens from the center but can't find a single door. Can anyone help me! We use these kind of doors all of the time and I really need them. Thanks in Advance!

Sorry. The window door combo is the only way I know of to get something close. This is on my wish list also.

Larry

Max & Larry,
    Thanks for your help, the window and door combo worked out just fine

The way I have handled this in a workaround situation is to draw a white cad box over the outswing of the door you want losed and then draw a cad box the sam size as the other door shown in the closed position of the floor plan.

with the doors shown closed in elevation views you have the best of both worlds without having to deal with an odd window.

Craig

------------------
    Craig Meyer , A.I.B.D.
    http://www.cyberstreet.com/clmeyer/index.html

Another tip for sliding glass door is similar to the one above.

In Florida we use a lot of sliders where we stack all doors on the exterior wall to either one side or center opening and stacked to both sides. It gives you the total size of the door open to the porch or patio. The program will not show this either so with cad boxes to cover up the program doors in white-out I then draw cadbox doors shown in plan view partially stacked on the outside of the wall. If elevation, they would show as closed.

Works very well as a work-around.

Craig

------------------
    Craig Meyer , A.I.B.D.
    http://www.cyberstreet.com/clmeyer/index.html

Craig,
    You stole my idea. Why's ART have to use a web only post anyways. You beat me to it.

Anyways, an adition to the CAD whitout trick. Make sure the door is specified as "draw closed" so that you don't end up with a 3d view that is incorrect.

Another way to get them to look right if there is going to be a mullion in the middle of the door is to create two doors, one draw closed and one draw open. Use an elevation view & the CTRL drag solution to bring the real close together.
    =================
    Caleb Maclennan
    Designer/Draftsman
    The Design & Build Center
    www.3dbuildcenter.com

Craig,
    You stole my idea. Why's ART have to use a web only post anyways. You beat me to it.

Anyways, an adition to the CAD whitout trick. Make sure the door is specified as "draw closed" so that you don't end up with a 3d view that is incorrect.

Another way to get them to look right if there is going to be a mullion in the middle of the door is to create two doors, one draw closed and one draw open. Use an elevation view & the CTRL drag solution to bring the real close together.
    =================
    Caleb Maclennan
    Designer/Draftsman
    www.3dbuildcenter.com

Craig,

=================
    Caleb Maclennan
    Designer/Draftsman
    www.3DBuildCenter.com

Caleb:

Man you must be getting tired of that Junior Member thing.

Matt