Snap not working

I am trying to use snap when placing walls and it does not appear to select anything. I have tried changing the settings. Is there a button or hotkey that makes it active?

I tried to send the issue to support but ART must have it off right now.

Thanks,
    D
    Darrell Wright
    Architectural Designer
    http://www.awrightdesign.com
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    719-322-7632

HTH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (50.1 KB, 316 views)
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

object snaps are a 2d CAD tool...you can use them to snap cad lines to the various lines that make up a wall, but they do not work for drawing the walls themselves

a couple of things...

I would not have every snap option active at once, too many unwanted things can happen as items try to snap all over the place...(you can leave the extensions active, but only toggle the one or two snap to entities you actually want something to snap to on)

set up your snap grid..I would not use anything less than 4" while you are learning the implications of it being on.. too low of values and the grid can not even bee seen w/o zooming way in ...and then things will seem to reposition themselves w/o rhyme or reason, when you are working at a reasonable size out...when in fact the reason is, it is moving to an unseen grid line

that said, there are some settings you can set up to help you draw walls..
    Last edited by Tim O'Donnell; 12-10-2005 at 05:00 AM.

Tim, very informative. I especially like the way you slowed down the time that is moves from picture to picture, that is very helpful for us slow minded people
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

FYI...animated gifs..of which my illustration above (and elsewhere) is, can be saved to your hd (right click on them and save image). You can then use Media Player to view them. You will have all the options of any movie for pause/play, whenever, wherever you like in their replaying

Thanks

Placement of walls with the snap activated could/might save a little time. I wondered what the snap was for then. Does anyone else see snap effects for walls as useful? Just a thought. I believe you answered my questions, thanks. In the cad drop down, the line command does show the snap points visible when laying out a segment and applying another. Regards AWD
    Darrell Wright
    Architectural Designer
    http://www.awrightdesign.com
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    719-322-7632