Use 3d or Renders on a Web Site

I want to use a 3d Drawing or a Render on a Web site.

I have to export the drawing so I can email it to a client, who will put it on the web site.

They said to send a DXF file.

I don't understand anything about exporting, so when I try I can't find the file back to email to the client.

Also would it be advisable to use the Terraine on the Render?

Thanks You
    Larry

Well, if you're going to be doing the rendering, sending them a DXF doesn't make any sense. DXF holds 3D data, and a rendering needs to be in a 2D image format, like tga, png, jpg, etc. (Ultimately you'll want it in jpg to post on the web, although I think Internet Explorer may finally have png supporrt).

If they're doing the rendering, it looks like they will need DXF though, and somebody else will have to walk you through that since I'm not in front of Chief at the moment.

Keith
    I don't have to do it in a rendering, they just suggested sending it in a DXG format. I do need it in a 3D.

I am looking for any advice.

Thanks Larry

I don't do this too often, but this might help...
    Have your file open and go to Export. Since they want to get 3D info, make sure you select "All Floors DXF/DWG". The tricky part is that there are a lot of variations of AutoCAD and other CAD programs out there and the default in the dbx is set to the most recent versions of AutoCAD. (If they use AutoCAD, ask what version they use so you can export in that version) There is a File Format options box where you can select various versions of AutoCAD in case they are running older software. (Not sure if that matters when you select DXF instead of DWG) There are a lot of other options about layers, like if you want to export all layers, or only the ones you have turned on currently. The export works very quickly, so make your best guess at what options to set, give your export file a name and send it to them with a message to try to open it ASAP and see if all the pieces are there as expected. Otherwise they might assume all is fine until they start to work on it 2 weeks from now with an afternoon deadline and they suddenly realize the format was wrong, or a key layer wasn't included...

Christina

And about the Terrain - by all means include it - it's just info on layers that they can turn on or off if they want, but it gives them the option.

Christina
    Selecting "all floors" is not an option when I have a 3d drawing to export.

Thanks Larry