Hybrid View

Custom 3D Objects

How can I create custom 3D objects and have them show up in the rendered views? I would like to create objects like custom shaped fish aquariums, custom entertainment centers, and other things of that sort that are not in, or likely to be in, any libraries available. I currently have the demo version but I have an aquaintance that has the full version of Cheif Architect 10. Neither my aquaintance or myself can figure out how to do it. I currently own another home design software package, "Punch Home Design Pro". It has a dedicated workbench to design custom 3D objects wich can be dropped into a home plan. I certainly like Cheif Architects user interface better than "Punch" and the resulting layouts and the actual frame work views of Chief Architect are far supperior to Punch. I just need to be able to build custom 3D objects. I am contemplating purchasing the full version of Cheif Architect 10 or upgrading Punch to one of their Architectural versions. This is a major deciding issue for me.
    Kevin Thyfault
    Wichita Kansas

Kevin,

All those things can be made within Chief. We make objects for our plans all the time.

There is an Aquarium and stand in 10. Take a close look at it if you want to see how to make one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aquarium.jpg 
Views:	1020 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	4858  
    Last edited by louis; 03-07-2006 at 08:32 PM.

if one takes the time to learn the tools within Chief these simple items are possible..if one is an outside the box thinker, even more is possible...

also if you post this type of question in the GENERAL Q&A section you are much more apt to get respondents

Much custom casework or even sometimes tables I can make using Chief's cabinet tools.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

Yeah, but how do you save them?

Rebeccah

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccah View Post
    Yeah, but how do you save them?

Rebeccah
    Rebeccah,
    I believe you would be better served at the HomeDesigner users group site. Chief is a bit different.
    Gary
    X5, Softplan2014, Autocad, Revit LT
    www.mckeondesign.com

Gary:

PRO is a sub-set of chief but for the tools it has it works the same as chief

I recommend that PRO users follow along on chieftalk as well as on Hometalk

there are many tips/tricks and textures and symbols being posted here that they can benefit from

as long as they are aware of PRO's limits

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)