Any Chief users in KANSAS

Just wondering if there are any chief users in Kansas. I'm a new user near Manhattan.
    Thanks
    Thad Carley
    Carley Construction Co. Inc.
    carleycon@wamego.net

Thad,

I think it's just you and me! My name is Mike Hall from KCK.I've been a Chief user since November at Regarding Kitchens in Lenexa and you are the first person I've seen on here from Kansas since I started getting on this forum. It seems like there's gotta be more......
    Mike Hall
    Regarding Kitchens Inc.
    Version X1

It's good to know we're not totally alone. How is the x2 learning curve so far? I do alot of remodels, K & B, steel and post frame bldgs and commercial so I'm afraid mine might take me a while.

I'm still using X-1. I don't know when we are going to upgrade to X2 although some of the new cabinet options and NKBA format would make my job easier.
    Mike Hall
    Regarding Kitchens Inc.
    Version X1

I have been using Chief since 2000. I am currently using x1

SE Kansas

I am located in SE Kansas, and have taught Chief to High School students for the past 4 years. I've been using Chief since V8, and currently use x1.
    I havn't looked at the website for some time, but am glad to know there are other users in the state!
    JJ

Have you had any experience working with metal buildings or commercial work in Chief?

Very little on the commercial side.
    True metal buildings are a challenge.
    JJ

I have a MB supplier that I can download dwg and 3ds files into Chief, but I'm having difficulty layering and manipulating the files to draw additional structures next to and within the building.

I have done some dwg exports, but no imports. Can you just leave the main layer alone and create a new layer set with the new info. from Chief?
    If that won't work, there are folks on the main Q&A page that will be able to give advice on this type of thing.
    JJ

Not in Kansas...

but in St Joseph, MO. Did not see a Missouri group other than St Louis and Kansas is closer, so I decided to post to this group.

Started learning Chief Architect in a CADD class that I am enrolled in at the local technical school. We learned AutoCAD and AutoCAD 3d earlier in the year.

Since we are near the end of the class we are 'designing' on our own. Since I would like to find work in architecture instead of engineering side I decided to learn Chief Architect. Always good to have a variety of knowledge.

So if anyone knows of anything in NW Missouri....

Mike Welsh
    St Joseph, MO

Hey, the more the better. Doesn't look like there are many of us to start with. How do you like chief compared to autocad? Trying to bring my father in house to design for me and he is a 20 yr auto cad drafter. He's a little reluctant.

I do like CA better than AutoCAD3d. I had issues with placing windows and doors in AutoCAD3d with them sometimes placing where I wanted them to in the wall, sometimes anchoring to the left or right. The instructor indicated that this was a glitch, I look at it has a big glitch and went to CA after a few weeks of the glitches.

Mike Welsh
    St Joseph, MO

In Topeka. Been using chief since 97 in my home building business

Hello

My name is Jeremy King I have been using Chief since 2006 V10. Now i am running X5. I teach Mechanical Engineering and Architectural Design in Wichita Kansas. Have been through all of the classes that CA has to offer and just reciently got my certification in CA. If anyone needs any help feel free to ask and if I know how to help you I will do my best and try.
    Jeremy King
    Faculty, Engineering/Architectual Design

Chief Architect V10-X5
    Cheif Architect Certified User 2013
    Windows 7 x64 Enterprise
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    16GB Ram