vector cameras won't work!

Help!There must be something turned off or disabled because when I do an overview, cross section or elevation from my floorplan. Nothing appears on screen .Any suggestions
    Thank you all

After you get to where there should be a picture, go to layer sets and see what is selected. Pick "default" or something like that and perhaps a picture will appear.

Fitch
    X2 <latest>

You have until you release the drawing to get it right, Mother Nature and the Customer have forever to see if you did. (By me, 1971. )

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled. Last sentence in the Feynman Appendix to the Challenger Report by R. Feynman

Never allow those who would substitute intimidation and guilt trips for knowledge and reason to influence your technical judgement. Me, 1993.

Still not producing view

Thank you Fitch . I tried it but still not appearing however the camera view will work if I randomly make a perspective around the house . The "wall elevation "child tool also works but not the complete elevation view or the vector overview. Go figure!

OK, then just for fun, take a camera view, then go to the layer diaplay options, create a new layer set and turn "everything" on to display in 3D and see what happens.

If that works, then turn off what you don't want till you are satisfied with what you see.

Fitch
    X2 <latest>

You have until you release the drawing to get it right, Mother Nature and the Customer have forever to see if you did. (By me, 1971. )

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled. Last sentence in the Feynman Appendix to the Challenger Report by R. Feynman

Never allow those who would substitute intimidation and guilt trips for knowledge and reason to influence your technical judgement. Me, 1993.

I had this happen a few times. Make sure the back clip section has not been activated. It is the icon to the left of the camera's that look like half a house. Hope that helps.

There is one common reason why if you create a full overview that nothing will appear on your screen. It is almost always because you have some piece of 3D data in your model that is very far away from everything else. When Chief creates a full overview, it tries to point the camera on the center of your 3D data. If it finds anthing in your model that is floating out in space that is very far away from everything else, this will throw off the calculations and cause the overview to show up blank. Sometimes all of the data is there but it is so small that you can't actually see anything.

The best way to fix this problem is to find the part of your model that is causing this. Turning off the 3D display of objects until you find the one causing the problem ususally works.

A work-around to this problem is to use the full camera instead of the full overview camera. This will allow you to point the camera at what you want to instead of the program trying to figure it out.

Another possible problem is that you might have all your 3D display options turned off but this is much less common.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Vector Cam puzzle

Thank you all who have responded . I am still working on the problem and have switched to an earlier version which all cameras seem to work with. The house that this problem appeared on was one of my first drawn in Chief and I'm wondering if mis filing could have something to do with it. Anyway I'll get back to you as I try all your suggestions.
    Thanks, Dan

what Dermot said.
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc