How do I adjust individual fascias?

I am working on a project with two different roof types and I need to show the main roof system with a fairly standard 14" fascia and another small roof system with a 6" fascia. The unfinished Chief file was given to me by the designer, so it's too late if something needed to be set up when the plans were started.

Is there a way to toggle that sort of thing on a roof plane by roof plane basis? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Calvin

Others have asked the same question...and it seems that the answer is no. The program likes to recognize one consistent fascia. You can however try a work-around. It's possible to make a roof plane out of a polyline solid. The fascia can also be made the same way.

The one on the left is a fake roof...made by a polyline solid (white) ...with a thin polyline solid veneer for the roof.
    The one on the right is the "real" roof.

Hard to tell the difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Calvin, another way would be to make all the automatically generated roofs with the narrowest fascias and use molding lines to make the wider ones. Shape the molding profile to look like the fascia and soffits profile and extrude it using cad snaps to each roof edge. It goes very quickly once you try it a few times. The one I make looks like this , Bob

Robert Roraback
    Roraback Building & Design LLC
    729 West Road
    Salem CT 06420

I also use the skinny fascia, then fill it out with the molding plines or pline solids. This allows having a detailed fascia and/or rake profiles (molding plines), or exposed rafter tails (pline solids).
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

All very interesting. The next project may allow me to experiment with these options. I just wish there was a toggle.

O Facia: [4 1/2"]