Thread: Irregular walls

Irregular walls

Hello,
    i'd like to ask if it's possible to define wall sections like this

i mean wall that have different thickness sizes in their start and end points.

Thank you very much

I'm pretty sure you'll have to create this using p-line solids. You could add a wedge shape to a wall you've already placed (so exterior, roofs, and room definitions remain intact) by creating p-lines. Make the lines and fill overlaying the wall the same color as the interior of the wall and it will appear both in plan and render as part of the wall. You can make a second one to represent the wall surface in plan. In five minutes you'll have a wall section the looks seamless in both plan and render. This is assuming you know how to convert a closed polyline into to solid. If you don't, it's easily described in the help menu.
    Last edited by alobartn; 11-11-2005 at 05:22 AM.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Where are you in Italy? Are you Italian or an expat?
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

thank you, i'll check this solution soon.
    Some old houses here in Italy have irregular walls (no regular thickness from start to end) and if you have to remodel the building you need to represent the old walls in the plan. Here we rarely use wood for walls, and there're some other issues to manage (like approssimative walls as i said, or irregular blocks in corners)

I live in the north-east part, in the city of Bassano del Grappa, not too far from Venice

Sound like a great place to live. The solution will work for all irregularly shaped walls. You'll just have to create p-line solids for those sections. However, if they areas in question are at 90 degree angles, you can create new wall definitions for those.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

thank you, i'd like to ask about having windows, doors and other objects inserted in the wall. something like this situation:

i've a hole throught the wall and a window in it. if i add a polyline solid this one has not an hole, is the only solution cut it having another hole at the same coordinates of the other wall?

You'll have to draw several p-lines to do that and convert each to a solid with the same material, or draw a p-line in elevation and add a hole. In version 10 you can do this in elevation.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6