wall alignment trouble

Hi.. I seem to be having weird problem this morning.. as luck would have it I m right in the start phase of a large and complex project..

heres the problem.... When just drawing basic walls..( I m set to siding 6 ) I cannot seem to get the dang thing to stay straight without a bunch of squiggles in the wall.. I play with it and grab it and try to re-align it.. it takes forever.. so its delete and redraw etc... never had this problem before and have made no default changes..
    and no.. to those of you who might ask.. last night was not a night of carousing around....
    any suggestions out there for this seemingly simple annoying problem..???
    thanks much.....

Can you post a picture of the problem. That will really set the repair wheels in motion.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Are these wall orthogonal (screen noth-south and east-west) or at an angle? In other words, is it possible these "squiggles" are a resolution/display issue?
    Larry

Lawrence C. Kumpost, Architect

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be
    stationery.

try checking your angle snap button
    OPIE AND ANTHONY ON XM 202 SPREAD THE VIRUS!!!!

Thanks for your replies gentlemen.. I simply cannot get a pictrue to post.. havent done that yet... sorry..
    to answer a few questions.. yes.. part of the plan is indeed orthogonal.. and yes, I have checked the angle snaps and used it..
    my problem..just as of this morning.. is with the straight walls.. I m spending too much time after drawing one into the plan to get it 'straight".. they develop kinks while drawing them and I spend several moments with each trying to swing them bit by bit at the ends to get them to line up..
    I rather think my problem might indeed be a resolution problem..
    Checking the manual I could not find the required specified resolution from CA..I know I have seen it somewhere....
    If anyone can provide that it may well resolve this..
    thanks much in advance and also once again thanks for the replies..

Randy

Randy:

Are you absolutely sure you didn't turn angle snaps off and not on? What you describe would happen with the angle snaps off.

BTW- If all else fails you can double click on a wall to open the wall specification DBX and, on the "General" tab, enter the angle of the wall.
    Larry

Lawrence C. Kumpost, Architect

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be
    stationery.

The other snaps can also induce headaches. Those are the grid snap and plan snap radio buttons for want of a better term. Make sure they are OFF.

Another thing I find helpful when building a non-rectangular wall is to extend the existing wall using the same wall radio button. With the angle snap OFF and the other two snaps OFF, the extended wall goes exactly in the distance and direction you place it.
    Jay

RoyW is offline New to v10 Old in general
    I think it's the angle snap thing also-so check it again, for now draw a CAD line (90, 180) select wall and make parallel (or one line and make parallel/perpendicular- same tool)