Skip is offline Registered User Promoted

Dormers & Ceilings

There has got to be an easy answer to this .... I'm getting ready to draw a cape style house w/ a full dormer on both the front and rear (existing situation). Both dormers have different T.O.W. heights, front is about 7', rear is about 6'2". The flat ceiling within is set at about 90", reflecting a T.O.W. of 92 1/2" +/-. Obviously there is a small sloped section of ceiling on both front and rear.
    Here's the question ... how do I draw this, flat ceiling set higher than the wall height, different wall heights at that? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Regards,
    Skip.
    Skip
    X4

Skip,

I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time understanding what your asking. In chief ceiling height and T.O.W. are the same thing. So I'm confused by your question. Could you explain?

Skip,

There are several ways, but I think the safest way is to set your rooms up with a ceiling height to give you the correct wall heights (7' and 6'2").
    Set the room to have no ceiling (on the Structure Tab of the Room Spec dbx).
    Draw a ceiling plane at the height you want with a slope of zero.
    This way, everything will stay correct when you Rebuild.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Hi Skip,

I tend to get the roof right first. You can set the ceiling to a height that will help you do this from 0 up. Once you have drawn the roof it won't change or snap to a change in ceiling height. It's staying unless you delete - but get it right before messing.

Soon as the roof is playing the same game you are, delete the ceiling.(call it the roof base ceiling if you wish) Then go back and put the correct ceilings in. This works well if all the ceiling heights are the same on your floor....not yet messed about with them all being different but I can't see that it would make a difference.

Kimmy

Skip is offline Registered User Promoted
    Thank you all for your help, I will try those methods. Louis, the issue is that in thise project my ceiling height and T.O.W. are not the same.
    Thanks again,
    Skip.