Problem plan fixed

I have a large log home I started today, that has a 14' diameter round turret sticking out of the top, with a spiral staircase going up. As I was trying to create the roof auotomatically, I kept getting an assertion error, and the program would shut down. I called tech services and emailed them the plan. It took a couple of hours, and he called me back with the fix.

The reason for this post, is I wanted to let you know what the problem was because it turns out to be a good way to build curved walls.

The problem was that my round room was not quite round. Since you cannot use one wall to make a totaly round room, I have been using two different walls and aligning the arcs, and setting the diameter of the two walls the same. The problem is that is is hard to move them into good alignment. The method he told me to use to fix it was to delete one of the walls, and drag the other almost to closed. Then use the break wall tool to make two walls, the drag the open end over to meet the other original wall. This ensures that the walls will match. You just have to be aware of where the wall breaks are for placement of windows.

Allen Brown
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Great!!!

Very helpfull Allen, thanks.

Mike

Re: Problem plan fixed

Originally posted by BIG INDY
    You just have to be aware of where the wall breaks are for placement of windows.
    You Can use a CAD point as a reminder of where you placed the break.

Thanks for sharing the solution to this problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rented a tent. Rented a tent. Rented a, rented a, rented a tent. A snare drum on Mars. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041200164.html

V 10.08a

Great tip Allen,

I just tried this with a cad arc also. It seems to be the quickest easiest way that I've tried to make a poly-line circle.

Thanks
    - Lane

Thanks
    I did what Lane said.Was just trying to figure that out the other day.
    Allen Colburn