Thread: hatching

hatching

What is an easy way to hatch bathrooms, toilets and kitchens on the floor plan, particularly around toilet bowl, and similar odd shaped items?
    Thanks, Jan

In Chief 6.0, outline the interior of the room with a closed polyline (or a cad box if it is rectangular), double right click the polyline, select "style", select a pattern in "fill closed area" set the patern size and check the box for "maintain in back". Chief 6.0 will also let you browse for patterns. Have fun.

Larry

Thank you Larry,
    I did not mention that I use Chief 97, so this means there is an other good reason for me to upgrade to chief 6.
    Jan

Jan:

You got that right! Try it you'll like it.
    :-)

There really are some major improvements. It is worth the price of a ticket.

Larry

Jan,
    That is only a small part of the great advances of 6.0...

I just finished a job tonight that I did a lot of 3D framing details in and the ability to eidt framing menbers as to size and height and location relative to the base floor is unreal. I was having a ball. Didn't want to quit working on it. The new features seem endless the more I get into it.

UpGrade...You will be glad you did.

Craig

------------------
    Craig Meyer , A.I.B.D.
    http://www.cyberstreet.com/clmeyer/index.html

Larry:

I have tried the closed polyline, "maintain in back" method of drawing tiles in rooms. It works fine for fixtures and furniture but can't get it to work with Kitchens cabinets. The cabinets appear transparent and the tile lines show through.Is there a way around this?

Mac

Mac:

Yeah we've got a way to go. Still, the new cad functions so much better and it's really pretty easy to draw around the base.

------------------
    Matt Kennedy

Larry

Yes the new patterns found under the browse button will be very useful for presentation drawings.Can also use some of them to define new materials that can be used with soffits as exterior walls, driveways etc.

LA 6.0 has come a long way in this regard.

Mac

The CAD polylines seem to stay under some types of cabnets, but I cna't figure out why. I'm usually useing the tile hatch pattern and sometimes it will stay under a cabnet or a whole row of them. Has anybody ever seen a hatched polyline stay under a cabnet?

Caleb

Caleb:

I haven't seen it work, but that's partly due to the fact that I know it won't so I don't ever try it. It would be neat if it did work.

Matt

Mac:

If there is I have not found it yet. I just adjusted the polyline to exclude the cabinets. It would be nice if cabinets blocked out the pattern but for now we are 10 times better off than where we were.

Have you looked at the alternate hatch patterns at the lower "browse" section of the "fill area". In addition to the cultured stone patterns there are about 5 or 6 each of wood, roof and brick patterns to select. The stone patterns can be used for some interesting floor patterns also.

Larry