Classic corner cantilever joists solution??

Hi,

below I post two examples of my current framing wars (I finally decided to learn how to model it in CA, I didn't use them before)

A classic example of corner/cantilever mix:

in the 1st example (a working project) I can't make CA NOT do the looong cross-garage angled joists when I do it automatically. Except for the two vertically running LVLs the remaining beams were set to be coplanar with the floor joists above (flushed)

in the 2nd example (theoretic) a similar situation is simulated, the red beams are mine (flushed, they are supposed to be double joists, defined as lumber) and the rest of the stuff is automatic. In spite of multiple rebuilding CA ignores the joist directions that I try to force.

Can anyone please advise me how to deal with these situations?

one last question: I have a cantilever stair landing--the joists are cantilevered over a LVL beam and every time I refresh, CA creates joints at the beam--how to force cantilever in such a case?

I have read Help and did some search here to no avail.

Thanks in advance if you drop me a line!

EXAMPLE1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Matt
    For where your home is, there will your heart be also.

Classic corner cantilever joists solution??

EXAMPLE2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Matt

Are you using bearing lines along with your joist direction lines?
    - Lane

Generally, as you can see in the second example, I did not define bearing lines.
    From what I can see, the beams define bearing lines automatically--even more so, when they are hidden in the floor thickness. One instance, when I *don't* want them to define a bearing line automatically is an apparent cantilever (in other words, no bearing line at the end of the joist) but I have not found a way to switch such an option.

I think this is a classic example of solving this kind of issue--I'm really surprised that there's such a problem. I really hope that the more experienced CA guys have solved it long time ago.

Thanks!
    Matt