Can't Stop Snapping

Odd, but I'm trying to move a soffit to align with something above it, and I can't turn off the snaps. I'm in section, moving the soffit front to back. It seems to be snapping in 16th inch increments. I don't want ANY snapping. I've had this issue with cabinets in general. Anyone else have this?
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

FYI, I've messed with plan defaults. I can adjust snapping distances when they're turned on.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

And another thing (I figured I better get my thoughts in here quickly since everyone's jumping in and my voice may be drowned out), ever not be able to place a soffit to touch an attic wall? It simply won't let me put it closer than 1/2" from the attic wall.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Do you have the grid snaps off?

Fitch
    X2 <latest>

You have until you release the drawing to get it right, Mother Nature and the Customer have forever to see if you did. (By me, 1971. )

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled. Last sentence in the Feynman Appendix to the Challenger Report by R. Feynman

Never allow those who would substitute intimidation and guilt trips for knowledge and reason to influence your technical judgement. Me, 1993.

Yes I do. Thanks for asking. That would have been a real kick in the pants.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

For what it's worth, I almost never use soffits because of their unstable behavior. I've discovered that polyline slabs work better - just change the material from concrete to what ever you need them to be.

One of these days I'm going to learn how to use molding polylines. They look like a really cool tool.

Fitch
    X2 <latest>

You have until you release the drawing to get it right, Mother Nature and the Customer have forever to see if you did. (By me, 1971. )

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled. Last sentence in the Feynman Appendix to the Challenger Report by R. Feynman

Never allow those who would substitute intimidation and guilt trips for knowledge and reason to influence your technical judgement. Me, 1993.

I can use p-line solids, but I like the ability to move soffits in 3D. Can someone out in cyberspace try moving a tiny soffit, attempting to align it with something not on the grid? The big test is if you place a 2" x 2" soffit and, zooming in tight in side cross section, attempt to align with something that isn't set to the 16th inch, if that makes any sense.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Adam,

What you suggested to try does the same for me. The only time I ever use a soffit is for above cabinets and that's rare. I've just not had any luck with them. If you draw the Pline Solid in Cross Section/Elevation, it should act just like the Soffit and be able to move in 3D, except you will be able to move lots better and have temp. dimensions if you wish. I couldn't move the soffit that way or by point to point. The biggest difference to me in the prior version was that the soffit had a Components dbx, but the solid does now if you block it.
    Edit: Sorry, it won't move in 3D, just the Elevation where drawn or in Plan View...so this won't work the way you want it to.
    Last edited by ambrozac; 11-02-2005 at 07:17 PM.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Fitch,

Molding polylines are fairly easy to learn. Try it. Just draw a cad line. Right click and convert to molding polyline. Adjust height off floor, open molding tab and select a molding, put the molding on whatever side of the line you want. Take a camera view and see what you have. It won't take long to figure it out. You can use it in elevations too. Very nice tool.

Tommy