looking for V9.5

I wondering if any one has an old v9.5 that theya re no longer using and would like to sell. I don't need to be able to upgrade or the tech support. I have been using 9.5 at work but am now living a fir distance away and would like to be able to work at home.
    I am willing to pay $300 or negotiate a fair price.

Forrest
    forrestlaiche@excite.com

emac6 is offline Registered User Promoted
    I don't know the actual legalities here, and i have compation for your situation. did you know that your boss can upgrade to version 10 for 600 bucks. if you paid half maybe he could give you the 9.5 version or something. Of course then there would be issues with 2 different versions. Any way you look at it the best thing to do is buy your own version 10 and have your boss upgrade. it isn't that much money considering what you can make using it every day. If you save commuting every day it will pay for itself in gas pretty quickly. you can do side work on your own to pay for it, of course you never thought of that.

Just **** it up ( to be blunt) and buy the software, free upgrades, support and all and start making some real money like the rest of us did... you will be way happier with the newer version the differences are immense.

sometimes we get blinded by trying to save a couple of bucks, you can easily make enough to pay for the software in a couple of months, and then the rest of the year will be profit

you likely will not find anyone to sell their old versions, maybe i',m wrong... lets see what happens.

Good luck, you are on the right track with the working at home idea at the very least.
    life is too short, eat desert first!

There are versions of 9.5 on Ebay, but if they can't be upgraded or transferred they are probably illegal copies.
    It is illegal to sell a prior version when it's been upgraded.

Legal copies of 9.5 were going for around $1K the last I looked. Just setup a favorites search on ebay and you will get an email each time an auction starts.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

I remember some discussion about this at the Users' meeting. I think for a fee the license may be transferred, but I'm not sure.

My suggestion is that you call Chief and find out. I have a copy of 9.5. If the answer can be positively confirmed, it's yours.

Hopefully someone from the company will weigh in here, clearing the air for all.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Once a licence has been upgraded it is considered a dead license and cannot be sold and used by another person. If you have a legal 9.5 license that you don't use any more and you want to sell it you can and the license can be transfered to another person for a fee.
    Last edited by louis; 11-02-2005 at 07:04 AM.

Ah, thanks Louis. Mine's dead then. Sorry I can't help you Forrest.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Could you sell the lock and throw in the software for free?
    The price on ebay is around $300.00 now I think.
    BUY=Chief Architect=all catorgories
    I wouldn't sell it that cheap.
    Or could you donate it to a school or somthing as a write off?
    Allen Colburn
    Just my mind wandering

No.

Tommy

This subject comes up a lot. Here are some previous threads. You can find more by doing a search.

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/chieft...threadid=10721

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/chieft...threadid=10839

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

Maybe they should charge these people for selling illeage copies.
    I would rather they did that than make us give up our old version to get the upgrade.
    Even the older versions are still great software.
    It is tempting to get the cheaper at ebay,everyone has to make up thier oun minds of right / wrong .
    Being honest with myself, it is wrong. Not that I always do the right thing
    Allen Colburn

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like i should just get a new v9.5 and keep a clear concience.

RoyW is offline New to v10 Old in general
    forrestl - emac6 gave you good advise- get your boss to upgrade to v10, and get a second license for home use- or, If you are the only (primary) user, one license and install on home and office computer (and make a nice pendent necklace out of the usb lock so you don’t end up leaving or losing it). The differences between V9 and 10 is major- If it is an important piece of productivity software you should be using current version (Dermot- do I get brownie points?) PS Forrest- I’m bet you have more than one Model 77 laying around-and sharp blades. PSS a clear concience is a good bonus

Someone has 9.5 and 10 on ebay now.The bidding is private and also thier feedback(not a good percentage +)They dont take paypal but cash is ok .
    Did not know they could hide thier feedback replies.
    Makes me want to be the high bidder,wonder what you real get.
    Allen Colburn

For ebay in general, not just software, WATCH FOR SCAMS! Software and laptop computers are 2 of the biggest.

Do not buy from a seller that does not have public feedback and keeps things private and always try to use a credit card or Paypal. However Paypal is now part of ebay.

They and ebay both **** on prevernting and resolving scams. If you get burned, good luck trying to get ebay get your money back and the product. At least with a credit card you can refuse to pay if they do not ship the product.

As an alternate, use and escrow service to hold your money and the products until both the buyer and seller are satisfied.

I still use ebay a lot (too much for my wife's liking), but I did get burned a few times and ebay was a total waste of time trying to get satisfaction.

Just try to find where to file the claim, they do not make it easy.

NEVER USE Western Union either. They will take your money with no recourse and scammers love them.

In general if the seller has little or no feedback, be very careful and do not spened more than you are willing to loose.

Good advice
    I dont buy anything big,not yet anyway.Pay pal is always trying to verify me.I wont give out my acc #s to them,maybe it's different if your selling,could be save to.
    I've had good luck so far,bought a cad detail CD for under $10 that was kind of a waist.
    Allen Colburn