3 Part Pony Wall Foundation

I often end up with a foundation with 3 wall types for the rear wall.

1. Lower Wall = 12" CMU below Grade ~ 32" tall from top of Footing to Grade
    2. Middle Section = 12" Wall (8" CMU + 4" Brick Band) ~ 16" tall from top of previous type (basically brick band to grade)
    3. Upper Section = 2x6 Framed wall ~ 8' plus or minus for framed walk out basement wall - Sided like the rest of the house

Does any one have a good (easy) way to create this wall system? I have a few work arounds that I use but, I just wonder ... Is there a better way?

Zoome
    Dan Stauffer
    440.221.4281 Mobile

Victor Residential Design and Marketing
    Victor Web Design
    dws@twinsburg.com

Chief Ver 10.08a, X1
    Do I need X2?

This may be harder than your "work around" method, but what about making an additional story, that is all "open below"??

Allen B
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Re: 3 Part Pony Wall Foundation

Originally posted by zoome
    I often end up with a foundation with 3 wall types for the rear wall.

1. Lower Wall = 12" CMU below Grade ~ 32" tall from top of Footing to Grade
    2. Middle Section = 12" Wall (8" CMU + 4" Brick Band) ~ 16" tall from top of previous type (basically brick band to grade)
    3. Upper Section = 2x6 Framed wall ~ 8' plus or minus for framed walk out basement wall - Sided like the rest of the house
    I asked for 3 layer pony wall capability in my suggestions to do exactly this.

Have you tried making the basement the first floor, placing a two layer pony wall on the foundation layer?

Fitch
    X2 <latest>

You have until you release the drawing to get it right, Mother Nature and the Customer have forever to see if you did. (By me, 1971. )

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled. Last sentence in the Feynman Appendix to the Challenger Report by R. Feynman

Never allow those who would substitute intimidation and guilt trips for knowledge and reason to influence your technical judgement. Me, 1993.