Thread: Layout size

Layout size

They just changed the acceptable plan size for the addition Im doing. I was using ANCI C, but now they want it to be D 24x36. I guess Im looking for the easiest way to do this. I was just going to take my layout page and make it 24x36 and go to page 0 and adjust my title bar. Is this advisable?
    Any help would be unbelievably appreciated.

Mike

That's the way to do it.

Making a back-up of a plan file before changing it is always a good idea.

Thanks VHampton, I already started and it seems to be working fine. I just had to ask because I had so many problems in 9.0. Version 10 has been good to me so far. The same goes for this group. THANKS....

Mike

What's the point of using a larger size if you don't put more on each sheet? Or use a larger scale?
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Its rediculous! the addition is 260 SF on 24x36? For what. They just want what they want..... alot of white papper. Unless I make it 3/4" scale...UGGGGGH!!!!

Mike

Originally posted by alobartn
    What's the point of using a larger size if you don't put more on each sheet? Or use a larger scale?
    If you get paid by the pound..your fee will increase exponentially. Heavier plan bundles and bigger sheets make the job seem more impressive too. Bids will come back even higher in some cases.

Contractors on the other hand are not happy about carrying around billboard sized plans...(30 x 42 and bigger)....especially on windy days.
    11 x 17 job site prints are 'hands down' the most user friendly format ever.