Thread: camera issues

camera issues

Has anyone ever experienced the loss of cross section and/or full overview camera. Checked every setting, went to older files of the same plan until it worked again and then when I checked it later after working on it,.... again nothing. The other camera options are working, but w/o the cross section camera, it will be very difficult to finish the project. Running v.10, any help would be much appreciated.
    Adam

Figured it out. Major bug. Considering more tightly written software.

Adam,

What did you figure out? If the cross sections and overviews worked in other plans, then something changed in the newer plan. It's probably not so much that this needs to be a "more tightly written software" as to something that was done in the later plan. If this is a "major bug", then we would be hearing more about it. Please let us know what you found. I don't remember having that problem. Have you spoken with tech support?

Tommy

Hey Tommy,
    I wasn't slaming the software, it has done many great things for me. I was just upset and embarassed that I had to cancel an appointment due to software issues and drew the 6800 sf prelininary 3 times before I figured it out. Anyways, I'm quite sure this is a universal issue, but if you go to cad block management and place any cad block directly from this tool into your plan, I'm quite sure you will lose half your camera functions. I didn't mention anything to tech. I can duplicate the problem in any plan file.
    Adam

Yes, I know that Adam. I'm not sure why you would want something from cad block management in the plan view unless you were wanting to edit something. That is about the only reason I would want to do that. Just curious. You can place things from the cad block management into a cad detail and it won't affect the plan view. I do that all the time when I'm making electrical schedules and I need an electrical symbol. Then I send that cad detail to layout.

Tommy