Difficult entry question

The entry porch on this house has 14' ceilings, the rest of the house is 9'. The actual span of the porch roof is wider than the walls, and bears on pony walls that are framed on top of the roof below, signified by the red lines. Visually, from the front of the house, you would see 2 columns that frame the entry, and they continue back until they die into the roofline. I am having a hard time drawing these walls in Chief. I have tried attic walls, polyline solids...nothing seems to do the trick. When I place the trusses on the entry, they tend to drop down to the lower roof and ignore the pony walls. Also, any upper truss that happens to cross a lower truss gets messed up, even though they are at different heights. I can't get them to cross ove the ones below. I tried making the entry a 2nd floor with open below, but had problems with that too. How would you experts tackle this?

Also, how do you get the exterior material (stucco) to wrap the opening?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gordon B.
    CA 10.08

Wow, that does look difficult. Maybe see if Louis & co. will take a look at it. I'm sure they could figure it out (but maybe for a fee)...

- jamon
    Jamon Holmgren
    ClearSight Design
    Chief Architect v. 10.08a...X1 will have to wait.

Gordon,
    Make sure all your room definitions are correct. That would be the 1st thing I would check.
    Trusses should come in pretty close if room defs, ceiling & roof plane hgts are good. You may have to start w/ a basic truss, edit it & then copy/paste it.
    You can send me the plan if you like. I'll take a quick look at it. I do a lot of these 'high entry' homes.

ebdesign@eastbaydesign.net

Jim
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc

OK, I got it to look right, using "roof cuts wall at bottom" and some manual editing.

And I got most of the trusses. Maybe I could have picked an easier house to practice on

But I am stumped on the trusses over the entry. I keep getting something like this:

Thanks for the offer, Jim. The plan is on it's way.
    Gordon B.
    CA 10.08