Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bay Window Tool

make the section of wall the bay is in a pony wall...assign the desired wall type to the upper and lower sections...

to get the bay the correct size...you will need to narrow up the bay then place wall breaks where you want the corners (you can use cad lines to aid in their placement or use a thin, invisible wall type (I use one 1/16" thick)..the use of this thin wall lets you easily slide the wall break along the main wall) once you have the corners where you want them select the wall section the bay is in, make it a pony wall, assign it your desired wall types for upper and lower, while the bay is narrowed up take an elevationa and adjust the ht of the pony wall , then use the center tool to center your bay in the wall section and grab a side and drag it out to fill the wall section

you make it sound so easy .....i did what you said and changed the top part of my pony wall to a fire wall and made the exterior white made the bottom siding ....took and elevation view and was Not suprised to see that none of what i had just done made a bit of difference its still all siding .i hit f12 i tried pulling the top section down and the bottom section up and nothing. sounds like another job for the polyline solid.
    OPIE AND ANTHONY ON XM 202 SPREAD THE VIRUS!!!!

Try =make copy of,then change the siding to what you want.Resizing you might have to Ctrl drag.Changing the color of the wall makes it easier to see.
    Tim dose make it look to **** easy.And he's fast with the replies.
    Thanks Tim
    Allen Colburn

i couldnt figure out how to do it the way tim said but the polylines worked good enough

OPIE AND ANTHONY ON XM 202 SPREAD THE VIRUS!!!!