Demo'd room in the way??

I'am drawing a remodel in ver. 10.6 we're demoing a garage and rebuilding it at the back of the lot, And extending the house into the area were the garage used to be.
    So I set up a demo'd wall and existing wall in My layers, And just toggled off demo'd walls to draw new walls.
    well I keep running into the original(demo'd) room it shows up as a grey area. I tried to open it to see if I can specify a layer and then turn it off but have had no luck.
    I also tried to turn off the ceiling and floors but still the same.
    Can anyone tell me how the set up remod's so I won't have this prob. thanks I quit new to CA and still have alot to learn.

Thanks Hans

Sorry, but at this time there is no way to make an entire room "invisible". I just posted about this recently.

For now you have to build an as-built plan and then clone it to, remove the areas not to be seen and then model in the new areas. Each alternative that involves a whole room or floor would need another plan.

It would be best if they were all in one plan and could be placed on layers so they could be made invisible, but Chief can't do that.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

The method I use is to draw the demo'd walls using 2 dashed cad lines. It is not as quick and easy, but new wall can be moved through them, and rooms definition is not affected. When room def is not a factor, I just use "invisible" walls for them.

Allen B
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

draw the as built model...then use view2CAD...this will generate a cad detail of this model...

you can delete walls and items that will not change from this detail if you want, then shift select the rest and block it, do not move it and you can do this to position it in the floor plan view for reference...

open the dbx and note the x position and the y postion...copy, paste into the plan view, assign it to its own layer (you can assign line style/colors for this layer and in the block's dbx>line/fill style section check the button for 'by block layer' .

to easiily align it to your model, enter the previously noted X & Y positions to place it directly on top of your model (this assumes you have not moved anything after creating the cad detail)

you can then toggle these walls on/off as desired

Once again, I learn something new. Thanks Tim,

Allen B
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Thanks Tim I'll give it a try.
    Hans