Strange Vu-2-CAD & layout border behavior.

I'm using the full vector over view camera, setting it to front, rear, right, left, etc. to get elevation views.

Strange happenings:

1) I click on Vu-2-CAD and get a small window that opens up on screen that talks about DWG/DXF, runs through some horizontal barometer that finally completes, then says its copying to file, and finally I get my CAD detail view. I've not seen that before. Don't know if it is related to what happens next ...

2) I rename the detail to match the elevation view (Front, Rear, etc.) and then click send to layout. I go to the layout, position the view where I want it, then grab the borders to make them bigger than the building so the dimensions I'm about to add in the CAD detail will show up on the layout. Right border drags out normally. Bottom border drags out normally. The problem is what happens next:

When I drag the top border up, the building drawing drops down an amount equal to how much I pull the border up. So I move the view up, which of course has the top border too high, so I drag it down and the building rises up on the page.

Dragging the left border to the left causes the building to move right in the window. The building displacement relative to a fixed point on the screen is equal and opposite to how far I move the border.

I've never seen this before. Its really strange. Is there a setting someplace that I unwittingly clicked that is causing this? Or do I have a corrupted layout?

I don't know how to take a picture or do a T'oD gif file to illustrate it.

Thanks
    Fitch
    X2 <latest>

You have until you release the drawing to get it right, Mother Nature and the Customer have forever to see if you did. (By me, 1971. )

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled. Last sentence in the Feynman Appendix to the Challenger Report by R. Feynman

Never allow those who would substitute intimidation and guilt trips for knowledge and reason to influence your technical judgement. Me, 1993.

Fitch,

Sorry, yet relieved to see someone else has this problem. It's been driving me nuts all day, and it's only Monday.

Drag the top or left borders of the picture frame displaying a view in a Layout and the origin / centroid of the attached data shifts dramatically.

Changing the scale of the attached data can have the same affect with the added mess of the picture frame expanding to fill the universe.

I'm finding that a Level 1 Floor Plan attachment to Layout, mostly behaves okay. But Level 2 and upwards go nuts. They are the wild ones. Elevations sent directly from the Camera view are mostly tame.

I opened CA 9.54 Layouts with CA 9.64 - no problems. Opened them with CA 10.06a and they misbehave the same as native CA10 Plans.

Another hour or so wasted productivity time checking if it's my data or Chief 10 at fault. It's Chief 10 again.

Ian.

Ian,

Do you have your Aerial View window open? I have it open on my second monitor. I find that if that window is open, this happens, if it is closed, it stops happening. I can turn the effect on and off by toggeling the Aerial View window open and closed.

I will send it in. Maybe they can fix this when they fix the interaction between the Aerial View window and wired switches and lights.

Fitch
    X2 <latest>

You have until you release the drawing to get it right, Mother Nature and the Customer have forever to see if you did. (By me, 1971. )

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled. Last sentence in the Feynman Appendix to the Challenger Report by R. Feynman

Never allow those who would substitute intimidation and guilt trips for knowledge and reason to influence your technical judgement. Me, 1993.

Fitch,

Good Catch!

Thanks, it is related to having the Aerial View open.

Cheers,
    Ian

Cool! I just sent them the file that does it here with detailed instructions that will reproduce it here every time.

OK, back to work, but with out my Aerial Vu window open.

Fitch
    X2 <latest>

Fitch..in light of these recent discoveries about the aerial view causing certain problems, you might want to do as I have been doing for some time..float the toolbar with the view icons right over where I like the aerial view on the second monitor...it isn't hard to toggle it on off then without much mouse movement..

Originally posted by Tim O'Donnell
    Fitch..in light of these recent discoveries about the aerial view causing certain problems, you might want to do as I have been doing for some time..float the toolbar with the view icons right over where I like the aerial view on the second monitor...it isn't hard to toggle it on off then without much mouse movement..
    Ah Ha! That works quite well.

I can turn it off with a wrist twich and click when sending details to layout, or editing the electrical plan, and back on other times.

Thank you sir!

Fitch
    X2 <latest>

Confirmed as a bug.

Follow up:

I received a report back from support at ART confirming that they were able to duplicate it, it is linked with the aerial view window, and that it has been logged as a bug with the development team.

Fitch
    X2 <latest>