wayn is offline Registered User Promoted

textured concrete block walls

hello all,

I'm completely new to Chief -- I've been using AutoCAD for years, and decided there must be a better (read FASTER) way to do design. So, I'm working on my first renovation project with Chief!

Here's the question: this design involves exterior walls that are made of 8" textured block -- the kind that are smooth like regular CMU's on the inside, with an irregular rough exterior surface. The edges of the exterior are in plane at 8" and the center of the exterior surface is about 1/2" proud of the edges. I've seen this style of block around for decades, don't know what it's called, and have no idea how to duplicate it in Chief.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
    Wayn Goodman

Wayn,
    Run a search with CMU and I believe you may find a post from a few days ago, that has a website for some textures. I would think you could build your block & mortar wall using Pline Solids, replicate or multiple copy, stack the way you want, apply the textures, render the view and save as a jpg. Will probably have to crop so it will appear correctly. Add to your textures folder and will be able to use as a Material. There is probably a lot easier way to do this, especially if you can find a jpeg of a wall already built.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Masonry=cinder blocks
    Not sure how close they are to what you want.Depends on the view you want.
    Allen Colburn

Wayn
    The term is Splitface Blocks!
    Take Care

Jim