Thread: Fascia problem

Fascia problem

I edited my roof planes in order to have my trusses created correctly, so I have one roof being framed on top of the other in a "California valley" style. Is there any way to remove the fascia from this one section? It is sticking down through my ceiling.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gordon B.
    CA 10.08

From inside:
    Gordon B.
    CA 10.08

I think the simplest solution to this particular problem is to delete the surfsce in the 3d view. It should not generate again until you rebuild fascias. Is it possible to pull that roof edge back just enough to eliminate the problem? Bob
    Robert Roraback
    Roraback Building & Design LLC
    729 West Road
    Salem CT 06420

In plan view, select your roof plane, double-click the break line tool, and.......
    - Lane

Thanks Lane, but my roof is already pulled back up to the valley line. Actually, I went back to the Training Videos last night and learned about "truss bases". I think that might be the way, but I haven't had time to try it yet.
    Gordon B.
    CA 10.08

Re: Fascia problem

Originally posted by Clicker
    I edited my roof planes in order to have my trusses created correctly, so I have one roof being framed on top of the other in a "California valley" style. Is there any way to remove the fascia from this one section? It is sticking down through my ceiling.
    learn how to use the truss base tool to do these and it will automatically cut the truss tails on the lower section and overlay the intersecting roof trusses when you build them