Thread: school symbols

school symbols

I am looking for symbols you would find in a school. My most pressing need is for a desk-chair combo so that I could populate the classrooms. the other unique needs would be for choir/band risers and stacks to put in the media center (books on shelves for the library).

thanks

Somthing like this
    Allen Colburn
    Attached Images Attached Images

books

Yes allen, that is the type of desk I am after. The book case would work well for the fundraising presentations but may exceed our eventual budget allotment. Starting with high proposal may not hurt though. Are these existing symbols or just clarification pictures?

There images,would that work for you?I could send them.
    Allen

Oh, for the love of God! I remember trying to work and study on little crappy chairs like those. Anyone who still remembers what it's like to be in school knows what you want is a chair like this:
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

that does look more comfortable Jason, and since this addition is for the high school section of the school it is probably more age appropriate (although I could probably find some examples of allens desk in the lower grades here). My ultimate goal is to find a symbol of something like this so I can do walk thru's of the buildings. This project is stretching my abilities with chief and symbol creation may be the next new area to explore. I am a long way from single family residential on this one.

I've always wanted to design a school but I'm not certified/archtiecture anything so all I can do is furnish and render anything other than a house.

Chairs like I showed are good for both junior high and high school, I liked them because there was enough room for both book and paper. They were also very well made compared to the others.

Science, computer, and art classrooms are usually fitted with standard 5' or 6' flat tables.

Shop and drafting of course usually have student drafting tables although I have seen flat tables used in small schools.

In junior high one of the home ecomonics classrooms had 8 little U-shaped kitchens with everything except the fridge and several 50's style chrome dinette sets.

Grade schools I've seen use the little desks with the metal shelf under the tops. The more books the student has the bigger the desks have to be here unless they rotate classes and use lockers like a junior high or high school.

Of course now I realize the terms "grade school" and "junior high" are out of fashion now, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by mcqueenhomes; 10-28-2005 at 08:49 AM.
    Jason McQueen

Also be aware that adding a lot of anything like desks, church chairs, pews, etc. will really bog down Chief in a render. Best to furnish one of each type of classroom and each class' furniture on its own layer so you can turn them off when you're not getting a render ready.
    Jason McQueen

Thanks for the suggestions and reminders jason. I am a builder working with an architect on this project. Before I got involved, the building committee spent a lot of money on one preliminary artistic render and one 3d mock up. Because this is a church project and funds must be raised, I decided chief could handle our future presentation needs for a lot less money. So far the program hasn't disappointed, although it has challenged me.

Thanks for the reminder about renders. I have been rendering interiors in each building separately, but had thought of transfering all 10 buildings fully furnished onto a master plan of the campus for walk throughs. I think i will reconsider this.

I did figure out how to make passable book cases for the library by altering a full height cabinet. worked pretty well. I think I attached a picture of the media center. Thanks for the help and advice.

school desk

JASON , CAN YOU SEND THAT SCHOOL DESK?

HARRY
    HARRY B STANFIELD JR
    101 alvin st.
    walterboro,sc 29488
    S&B REMODELING
    843-549-2674
    843-908-1143--MOBILE
    harrythebuilder@yahoo.com
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b335/HARRYBSTANFIELDJR/
    VER: 10.08A

SCHOOL DESK

ALLEN , CAN YOU SEND ME THAT DESK?

HARRY
    HARRY B STANFIELD JR
    101 alvin st.
    walterboro,sc 29488
    S&B REMODELING
    843-549-2674
    843-908-1143--MOBILE
    harrythebuilder@yahoo.com
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b335/HARRYBSTANFIELDJR/
    VER: 10.08A

Harry
    Yes if you post your email.It's just an image,but I could send several in a zip.
    Allen

No, it's just an image I found on the web at the #1 Google for "school furniture". I don't have the symbol. Like I said I don't do many schools, haven't done any yet.
    Jason McQueen

I just uploaded a zip of school chairs at
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou...cadandtexture/

Allen Colburn