Thread: Attic Room

Newc is offline Registered User Promoted

Attic Room

I’m currently working on a remodel project that involves finishing the area above a garage space.
    In the as built conditions the roof rafters and floor joist are parallel (in plan view) and intersect each other (bottom of rafter at bottom of floor joist) at the outside top of the wall framing.
    I added knee walls in the attic for the renovated space, however when I click in the room I created chief does not recognize it. When I added a room from railing walls not connecting to knee or outside walls I can choose open below for stair access but the outside gable wall gets cut off if I place it within a foot or less of the gable wall.
    If I connect the railing walls to a knee or outside wall Chief does not recognize it as a room.
    I would like the open below space to be two railing walls in the corner connecting to a knee wall and a gable wall.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks
    Newc

It sounds like it should be simple. Without looking at the plan directly to see if there's some other tricky variable, I would suggest making sure all walls are NOT "no room definition" walls. The gable wall in particular, if it was originally automatically generated as an attic wall, may have been defined by Chief as "no room" and you may need to change it.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

Newc is offline Registered User Promoted
    Looks like "No Room was the problem.

Thanks Jay
    Newc