"invisible" camera icons selecting

I've noticed that I can select inactive and invisible camera icons. I'm doing a kitchen with a lot of saved camera views and when I was trying to select the edge of a custom counter, some invisible thing kept selecting that had 3 selection points. I finally realized it was the location of a saved camera view. I opened a brand new plan and the same thing happened. Needless to say, it doesn't make sense to be able to select something on a layer that is turned off! And when the "invisible" camera view is selected, the appropriate icons appear and you can open the camera view or edit it.

Anyone else experience this?

Christina

I've experienced it for as long as I can remember. I guess I just never questioned it.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

That's interesting - I've never noticed it until this week! And I've had plans in the past that have been really packed with cameras...

Christina, I agree with you that this is an annoying aspect and when any number of cameras are employed too. It just adds to the general malaise of too many clicks to aquire the object you are seeking, regardless whether you are in the tool mode that makes it easier to aquire your selection.
    The made invisible should stay suppressed until called upon.
    Maybe an addition to the Layer Display Dialog is called for here, one that would completely suppress the items on the chosen layer. After all there is an opening for another check box below reference in the layer display dialog.
    Rented a tent. Rented a tent. Rented a, rented a, rented a tent. A snare drum on Mars. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041200164.html

V 10.08a

This is a bug. You should not be able to select objects that are not being displayed. It appears that you can't select saved cross section cameras when they are not displayed but you can select other saved cameras.

As far as I know, no one ever reported the problem to us. We will look into putting a fix into an upcoming update.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Jeez, I missed another opportunity to report a bug! All this time I thought it was normal.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Dermot, you're working late! What gives?

Since you're there anyway, any chance to address the pitched coffered ceiling thread?

Best to you!
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6