Thread: Polyline Break

Polyline Break

Yesterday I ran into two different situations where I was having problems reshaping a polyline with the break tool. In the first instance, I was trying to check the footprint size of a plan I am working on which has a bunch of 45's in the ext. walls. In trying to move the Pline in from the front porch where two of the 45's are, I couldn't get the Pline to reshape to the 45's after placing breaks in the Pline. In the second case, I was trying to put breaks in text arrows to reshape them with an angle and it just wasn't working (in a couple of cases I got the arrow to bend a little but not the way I wanted it to - in other cases I couldn't get the arrows to bend at all. I am sure there is a simple solution to this but I haven't been able to figure the answer out yet.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

I can only make a guess here, but I would look at your snap settings. The other thing I would suggest is posting a picture of the problem area you are having because I am having a hard time understanding your description.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Dermot:

I called Tech Support on this and Nygel got me straightened out. These little pesty problems always come up when you've put in a long day, you can't think and you're in a hurry to get something on paper. What was happening I am sure was ME since I don't seem to be having any of the same problems.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard