ALB file not showing up in Library

I've searched and searched for an answer as to why my downloaded alb file will not show up in my library. I feel like I've placed this file in every folder under cheifs main directory, I've created new folders, which I can't see in windows explorer?. Still no new symbol, can someone please help me with this. What folder should this alb file go in???? Thanks in advance..

Libraries folder. You must close Chief and re-open or refresh the library in order to see a newly added symbol.

thanks for responding Louis, This is Sams tapered column from your site, I've added it to the libraries folder, refreshed and restarted, where might it be????

Louis I finally found it under Fixtures, exterior, is there anyway of knowing where chief is going to put it?

Symbols are very confusing....for me anyway.

I believe fixtures/exterior.

Originally posted by Cannon
    Louis I finally found it under Fixtures, exterior, is there anyway of knowing where chief is going to put it?

Symbols are very confusing....for me anyway.
    when the creator of any particular symbol creates it, he/she designates what/where it will go in the library...so other users just have to be happy they are the beneficiaries of that person's generousity...and look for it...there is a search function in the library...learn to use it...less is more when you use it...for a column you might only enter co for the search to make sure you don't miss it...

When you copy an .alb file into the Libraries folder, it should be relatively easy to find. The name in the library browser will be the same as the file name and it should always be on the first level of the browser category. Worst case, you might have to open up each category in the library browser and look for the name (it should be in alphabetical order).

Keep in mind that if you copy the alb file while Chief is running, it won't show up in the browser until you restart Chief or use the Refresh Library Browser tool.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

I have a hard time finding things to,but am very thankfull for the free items.I have been trying to place them in a seprate library,not working yet.
    The main proplem is the library is so big(I can live with proplems like that )
    Thanks to all that make and share these things.
    Allen Colburn