Thread: Swimming hole

Threaded View

A Time for reflection

Take a look at this picture, it shows a polished steel cylinder object (set reflectivity high for raytracing) the woman is a symbol, and the bush is an image, the result is much as you would expect from a cylindrical mirror, both objects are narrowed in reflection, the woman is mirror-imaged and the hidden side of her face is visible in the reflection, the bush is another matter, as an image and you are seeing the front of the image, although I think this is difficult to notice. The shadows show correctly, in short its not a bad raytrace.

I thought I would go back to My original "swimming hole" file, this time I put a high value of reflectivity on the waters surface,

you should notice two sets of reflections, on both the leading and trailing edges of the waves, Its a bit stange I think, for these two sets of water surfaces seem to be acting as strait surfaces, and unfortunately not too realistic

The next image shows, the 3d model of the water I used in the swimming hole scene, before I imported it as a symbol. The "waves" can be seen to be a nice sinusoidal, shape, after import the waves are reduced in height, otherwise the swell would be too extreme

Anyone care to comment on this problem.
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.