Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swimming hole

Swimming hole

Just showing
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

Swimming hole & cabin

I don't see a cabin.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

I swear to God, all my renderning files are too big even zipped, unless (" I am never wrong") I am doing something wrong. HELP!

Open in PSP or whatever you use. Resize to 800 pixels wide, keep aspect ratio. Save as JPG. Now open it with Windows Paint and save. Now it should be small enough to attach.
    Jason McQueen

One more time!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Jason,
    I might have spent a year trying to get a rendering on here without your help.
    Rhino

Jason,
    What is the outcome of opening in Paint ? Does it now save as a smaller file yet after downsizing as you explained?

Rhinoc,
    Nice clean render!
    Randy
    V10.06a

Do it right in Chief...an easy way to get a jpg the size you want to use is this... resize the child window in chief so the view is the size of the picture you want to use (the child window size will display on the status bar as you resize it..then zoom in/out/fill the child window with the plan as you desire...then simply use the export image as a *.jpg...chief does a good job of compressing these...a 400x300 render saved right from chief is usually around 10-15kb

I don't use Chief to save as JPG because sometimes I need a higher resolution original render for the client or for printing. When I resize it I save as so it's actually a new image, suitable for the web. That way the client gets theirs at 2000x1200 and I get one at 800x500 or whatever that I can show here or add to my website.

Even if there's no client requirements I still like to render a little larger so there are more potential uses for the image (brochures, advertising, desktop background, etc.). Which makes me think, who would want a McQueen home on their desktop?

It just happens that I found Paint doesn't save any extra stuff so the JPG is really small when done. Really good for uploading to the web.
    Jason McQueen

Rhino,

That's a great render. As far as I can tell you did everything right especially with the terrain (one of the most realistic I've seen).

I can't help but notice the cabin's striking resemblance to our common western manufactured homes.
    Jason McQueen

Jason,
    Good eye, this rendering is for an "offsite built " manufacturer in MO.,that has a Westen division too.
    Rhino

I've done a few renderings for Modular of PA but no manufacturers since then. Maybe too tight a margin to support renderings and 3D (although I think they could benefit from it by selling homes not on their lots).

Here's one I designed a couple of years ago as a sample:
    Jason McQueen

Lower-end Modular of Pennsylvania home rendering. Bear in mind they only paid like $50 for it.
    Jason McQueen

I have done about five renderings for Fuqua in the last month or so. Most are more like this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images