Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plotters

Thank you very much to those who have responded.

I have been setting next to a "potential plotter" and I have been considering a new one. I realized that the techonology has evoloved and that has been what is holding me back from the purchase of a new HP 110 Plus. I know it is what I need, but for cash flow reasons, I cannot get myself to commit to the purchase.

I am only a few more jobs away from committing to the purchase ... wish me luck.

Zoome
    Dan Stauffer
    440.221.4281 Mobile

Victor Residential Design and Marketing
    Victor Web Design
    dws@twinsburg.com

Chief Ver 10.08a, X1
    Do I need X2?

Dan
    If you ever want to print a cover sheet with say an overview or maybe even a rendered view, the older machines cannot do justice. Although you could make the drawing small enough to compliment the plotter, you have no capability to actually do a larger drawing. Now if you use B&W all the time for drawings and don't do "colored" anything, you can get by so to speak with anything that provides the size you want. Almost any HP plotter or printer comes to mind.

I used an HP430 for years and then had to add color to make it a 450.....I really don't know why I bothered because the dpi limitations require that I do a little more thinking than I care to to actually use it effectively. I'm sure others use color all the time, it's just for me and the field, we don't care if the electric outlets show in red :-)

I would save your money for the time being, and then consider whether doing one or two fancy drawings would accelerate your growth?? Only you can determine that!
    Take Care

Jim

I'll vouch for used plotters (mine anyways). I was in the market about a year ago, and stumbled across an ENCAD 36" pro(Roll fed, manufactured 97/98). I paid $500 Canadian and put $200 CDN into a drive belt, cartridge & bushings + gave it a good cleaning. It's been an everyday workhorse and simple enough to maintain myself. I buy supplies from www.globalprintsupply.com it was hard to find an aftermarket supplier for encad (kodak) products.