Window Exterior Trim

I am currently working on a plan that was, I believe, originally created in Chief 4.0 and then has been updated with each new release of Chief and I am now working on this plan in Chief 7.0. (This is one of our “standard” plans at Habitat) I am now getting the plan ready to export out as a VRML by adding textures and assigning materials to different objects. I have run into the problem that I haven’t been able to locate in any of the old ChiefTalk posts.
    The windows that are in this plan are unable to utilize the new feature that the windows in Chief 7.0 have of having a different material on the outside then what is displayed on the inside, i.e. assigning a new material to the Exterior trim does not do anything.
    Is there any way to “update” the windows with the separate interior and exterior trim that is used in Chief 7.0?

------------------
    Nathan A. Foote
    Designer/Virtual Reality Tours
    Habitat Post & Beam Inc.
    South Deerfield, MA
    http://www.postandbeam.com

Nathan:

In addition to assigning a material for Exterior Trim to Doors/Windows, you must also go to the Options tab of the Window/Door Specification dbx and apply this Exterior Trim by checking "Use Exterior Materials" I believe this will give you the result you're after.

------------------
    Dan Marrin
    Lake Shore, MN

Thanks for the tip Dan. I missed that one. That was just what I was looking for.

------------------
    Nathan A. Foote
    Designer/Virtual Reality Tours
    Habitat Post & Beam Inc.
    South Deerfield, MA
    http://www.postandbeam.com