Fill Swimming Pool with H2O

How do I fill a swimming pool with water?

I found some nice water in the landscape library but I'm not sure how to use it.

Thanks Louis

Jon

Ripples of interest

I watched Louis's tutorial with interest, and it occured to me that maybe it is possible to make waves or wavelets on the surface of the swimming pool using the terrain features, anyone care to comment.
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

There is a free software that will do that. I will try to find the name.

Another way to do it (if you already have a hole in the ground or something to contain it) is to sink a slab into the ground or pool and paint it the appropriate texture.

- jamon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jamon Holmgren
    ClearSight Design
    Chief Architect v. 10.08a...X1 will have to wait.

Answering my own question

Some time ago a wrote a post asking if anyone knew how to produce waves on water. I received some interesting replies, but nobody really cracked the problem.
    http://www.chiefarchitect.com/chieft...hlight=ripples
    Then it occured to me that I had in fact acheived this in "gone fishing 2"
    If anyone is interested I made the swimming pool "water", as a peice of terrain generated on a new plan, I then added some curved evevation lines across the surface of the terrain. to generate this effect. The whole terrain peice was then exported as a DXF, and returned to a plan with a ready made swimming pool,via the import wizard. The water is duly inched into place into the empty pool, given a decent texture, and a little tranparency. Or you could just get Dennis Gavin to through a rock in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.