Thread: ART Rendering

ART Rendering

I would like to know how ART produced the image for 'Free Bonus Library Symbols' if possible. It's in their October Newsletter. I thought it would be good for learning some basic rendering techniques. Maybe it's too complicated? ART could post it at their site in the 'Tips & Tricks' section, if it's not there already. Maybe this post should be in the Suggestions part of Chieftalk.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I can give you a basic run-down of how the image was created...I really only used basic settings for it.

1) Create a Terrain Perimeter, and from a render view, spray it with the Colors>White material from the Library browser.

2) In 3D Settings (CTRL + 1), on the Backdrop tab, choose Remove Backdrop, and set the color to White also.

3) Arrange your scene on the Terrain (I sometimes place temporary walls on the plan to align items, then delete them when finished), and set up a good camera angle.

4) Raytrace! I used Low Radiosity & the rest at Default settings.

Maybe we can add this as a Tips & Tricks also, if people want more detailed info (with screen-shots & such).

I personally like the way this one turned out better using the same method...it reminds me of a sunny day!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Adrean Stephenson
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    Sr. Content Developer
    Product Marketing Manager

Great white terrain idea!

Sam

Adrean

Thanks for the quick reply!

I think Chief's renderings are starting to look pretty good especially considering you used 'basic settings' for these images - and in the hands of an experienced person I might add.

If you folks have enough time to give a run down in Tips & Tricks at some stage that would be great.

BTW Are the textures on the chair and urn of the other image in the standard libraries of V10?

Paul

Hi Paul--

Thanks for the positive feedback. It's nice when a rendering happens to work without a lot of custom settings. I suppose its just a matter of finding the right combination of scene, materials, & lighting.

I think that all of the textures you see in this scene are on the Chief 10 CD. You will find the textures for the chair & ottoman in Materials>Fabric>Woven.
    The chair material on the website's scene actually are not in Chief 10. They were part of the Home Designer Interiors product, which was released later than 10, thus giving us time to add a few extra items.

Just as a note, many of the symbol you will be finding in the Bonus Libraries were included in one form of the Consumer products....we wanted to make sure to share many of these items with our Professional Users!
    Adrean Stephenson
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    Sr. Content Developer
    Product Marketing Manager