Import Weekend Changes

Over the weekend, the lead designer made changes to the house I have been working on for the last three weeks.

He started with a file from a month ago, not the most current file that I saved last Fri night.

He wants me to import just his weekend work into my current file. (There was a note on my desk to this effect.)

Is there a simple way to do this?

no, the easiest way to do this is to use the current plans

yes, um, obviously, then there'd be no problem, however, that is not the case, so let me rephrase the question:

is the ANY way to do this?

If the changes are concentrated in a room or a floor then you could try "Edit Area" and "edit area visible" but if they were scattered in various places then I think you have a problem.

If yes, you could use the edit area to capture the majority of the changes and then re-do the others.

It's best to have the date/time in the file name to help with version control. 123MAIN_051009_2350.PLAN (.PL1 for VER 9.X) for Oct 9, 2005 at 11:50 PM.

If you have lots of "hands" working on the plans then you may need version control software, where the plan has to be "checked out" and "checked in" and can only be edited by one person at a time.

Good luck.
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Thanks Lew

Just got out of the head honcho's office- I smiled and said "it's ok, i'll just use yours and tack on the stuff I've been doing, won't take long at all."

long is such a subjective word.

Jon