POP is offline Registered User Promoted

dimension question

Hi all .... just trying to manually dimension exterior wall to centerline of windows and doors.......I set up in dim to go to center of whatever .....when not in dim mode ....when selecting just a door the dimesions I want show up automatic, but only when the door is highlighted....once I try to enter the dim to stay, they just disappear.....??? I just want to manually dim end of wall to center of door or window.....any help would be great....thanks POP

When you click on the window the temporary dimensions pop up right? Left click on top of the number on the temporary dimension string then enter the value you want.

If you want your dimension to stay (display), you'll need to drag the dimension from the nearest wall corner. You just click when you get to the center of the window or door and the dimension should display. If you want to continue with more center to center dimensions to other windows or doors, you can grab the dimension string end handle and drag it to the next opening, etc. Better yet, set this up for center of openings in the dimension defaults and let Chief do it automatically for you. If there are some that you don't want, just edit the dimensions to display what you need.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard