Hybrid View

Re: Ditto

Originally posted by DL Drafting
    On "DECK" and "LIVING AREA." I want in on this thread in case there is a fix.
    There is a work around that will cure the problem. The cure is better than the disease, at least for me. I'm using it on all my plans because while it is some effort, its better than having the immortal living area and ghost rooms and decks.

1) Open the layer set dbx, check modify all layer sets, and set the room label layer to not display. This turns off living area and room labels. They gone.

2) Go to Edit Defaults, text, and temporarily define the default text box to have attributes of "centered", automatic height and width, and the font size you wish room labels and living area to have.

3) Using text boxes, type a room label in each room, add a macro on the second line to display your choice of area, dimensions, etc.

4) Using a text box create a new LIVING AREA label and add the macro on the second line for living area, and place where ever you want it.

5) when all the new lables are done, reset the text defaults and get on with the process.

Important note:

Every time you assign a room type, Chief Architect will try to turn the room label layer back on. So be sure the show room label check box is unchecked before clicking OK.

Fitch
    X2 <latest>

You have until you release the drawing to get it right, Mother Nature and the Customer have forever to see if you did. (By me, 1971. )

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled. Last sentence in the Feynman Appendix to the Challenger Report by R. Feynman

Never allow those who would substitute intimidation and guilt trips for knowledge and reason to influence your technical judgement. Me, 1993.